We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

R-Mar Resort

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
R-Mar Resort

Hi, could anyone tell me about R-Mar resort and Asia Rewards Holidays? they have a deal for 7 night $199 which yes sounds cheap? but its a deal where you HAVE TO attend one of their meetings, supposed to be no pressure and no sales involved, don;t mind doing that but whats the hotel like? and is it the old Jintana resort? looks like it from photos thanks for info :)

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,622 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: R-Mar Resort

Yes, its the old Jintana, maybe just renamed, as its van still is sign written with Jintana. I have looked at a room in the left side wing, and they have been refurbished. Very nice, but a bit small. Pool area is nice, but seems spartan....maybe because of no greenery.

$199 is a great deal. I wasn't aware it was a timeshare type place, but rewards are rewards. If you do the Laguna one, you get free Fantasea tickets as well.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: R-Mar Resort

Hi, it sounds like staying there with a child in the room would be out of the question? Did you happen to notice the bedding configuration by any chance?

Thanks,

Ness

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,622 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: R-Mar Resort

Hi Ness, the room I looked at had a king size bed, I will go and see them today to see if triples are available.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: R-Mar Resort

hi ness, i have been looking on other sites to try and see what its like, i found some info on agoda, on photos some rooms have king bed and some double and a single but dosen't state which rooms they are? also found their own website rmarresortandspa.com more pics on that, looks like some work going on behind it but don't know when photo was taken? agoda have it as 3 star but asia rewards say 4 star, apparently its new but must have been totaly refurbished as it was formerly Jintana, still looking myself for info on it too

Brio, that would be good if you could check it out, your so lucky living there :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: R-Mar Resort

Wow! Brio what a gem you are!!

Thanks Mossy too!

As it's our first trip to Phuket & we've booked for 10 nights, I kinda want to get it right. Have been waiting for an Accor sale, as we've stayed in many Novotels and they've all been terrific. But this just seems too good to pass up if it all stacks up.

Our wish list is a great pool & breakfast buffet, and clean & comfortable with good location. And as long as we can swing a cat in the room, we're good to go!

Another option is to book the 7 night deal, then go for three nights elsewhere in a bit of luxury. Nothing too extravagant thought as this is part of a 20 night holiday, including 7 nights in Bangkok & 3 in KL.

Open to any suggestions or thoughts!

Thanks again

Ness

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: R-Mar Resort

Hi Ness

the novotel in Phuket is really nice, a bit of a walk into main patong but you can get a tuk tuk for about 200bhat, we have also stayed at Graceland just down from Novotel, nice pools, one bigish one with pool bar and a sky infinity pool, but if you don't mind being out of main area a bit Merlin Beach Resort we like the best, for everything,they do shuttle into patong for shops etc about 5 min, i have never heard a bad thing about that one, 3 large pools, and small private beach with massage on the beach (although they have their own luxury day spa) theres a little resturant on the hill off the beach very good food and prices, anyway bit of info for you if you need it, sounds like a good holiday, we usually go fro 3 weeks, had 5 nights BKK thats great. As for the deal with R-Mar sound good, look it up on www.asiarewardsholidays.com kids under 12 stay free! looks good, but you do have to attend one of their meetings, no sales they say, but for $199 we can deal with that, and then do other nights somewhere else, you appently buy the voucher and use it to book your week and its valid for 2 years, have a look see what you think let me know your view on it? :)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: R-Mar Resort

hi ness, just looked at their site again, if you click on the box that says"dont qualify for this offer" on right hand side, you get few hotels , nice one called Thanthrip villa, not on that offer, but its good prices you could spend the whole 10 nights there in a pool access room, that would be luxury, the map looks like its close to the beach

cairns
Level Contributor
519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: R-Mar Resort

Hi Brio2

Did you go and have a look at the R-Mar Resort ? Also do you know much about Aisa Rewards I have not used them before are they ok ?Thanks looking forward to hearing from you soon

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,622 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: R-Mar Resort

Hi ness and mossy, yes i am lucky to be here. I talked to reception girl, and asked about extra bed, she said 100Bt including breakfast, which seems extremely cheap. There are also triple rooms. The girl was vague, so I suggest emailing them, but don't expect a fast reply.Here is thier brochure I scanned. Since I was there last, they have planted may full size palms and trees, so it looks good. I only saw 2 guests however.

Here is the scanned brochure.

s607.photobucket.com/albums/tt151/briofoz/…

s607.photobucket.com/albums/tt151/briofoz/…

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: R-Mar Resort

hi ness, looked the thanthrip one up on another site, i know where it is now, no.. if you thinking of that offer for R-Mar resort for 7 nights, which sounds good, you would be better off making up other nights in Novotel or Merlin beach or another luxury one, thanthrip one not on deal so not worth it, thats my thoughts on it anyway! its ok for someone who wants reasonable accommodation at low cost! will wait see if there is any feedback on asia reward holidays