We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather problem :(

Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
weather problem :(

ive just read that july through to nov is rain season . we were planning on going august/sept . will it stil be nice n hot ? i want sunny days !!! if its raining the whole time i wouldnt want to miss out on the phi phi island day trips & snorkelling etc !! please help .

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: weather problem :(

Yes it is wet season but I can promise you it will be hot!! Usually you get periods of heavy downpours then sun again, We went Aug/Sept last year and the week in Aug was great and the week in Sept was very wet!!! But thats the luck of the draw.

Checking the weather forecast is a good suggestion, however rain will not be the thing you should be most concerned with in reguards to Phi Phi. The Seas are quite often very rough at this time of year, so look for calm seas. Me personally I would do a day snorkling trip with Phuket Sail Tours insteady of Phi Phi. It is run by an Ex-pat Aussie and if the seas are bad he wont take you out. And double bonus you wont be surrounded by a hundred other tourist, as he stick to quite unpopulated areas!!

If you feel you really need to do Phi Phi, go with one of the bigger boats that take lots of people as they will be a smoother ride. But definately book Phi Phi once there, it will be lots lots cheaper than booking from home.

Michelle

12. Re: weather problem :(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 10, 2010