We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation HELP !

Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
accomodation HELP !

Im travelling to phuket next year late ish, i have a few requests from the 3 other frends im travelling with for a big jacuzzi in room, pool access, close to beach, and of course nice pools :) please throw lots of suggestions at me !!! thanks heaps in advance :) x

australia
Level Contributor
882 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodation HELP !

For pool access room have a look at Kata Palm. It has 2 pools and is a 5min walk to beach. It's close to resturants and a bit of nightlife and not far from Patong for the busy nighlife.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodation HELP !

hi, try Thavorn Beach Village and spa,it has all that, but you will need to use the shuttle bus or taxi into Patong which is about 5kl away, it has its own private beach, large swimming pools, the villas have jacuzzis and very reasonable priced, check out their web site

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodation HELP !

hi, back again, sorry the website is: www.thavornbeachvillage.com and the poolside villa or pool access villas are good, also try Phuket Graceland resort and spa,its got all that too, but think jacuzzi in rooms are only in mini suites,(will sleep 4,) but have 2 big outdoor jacuzzis next to sky pool, its opp a nice beach, great pools and swim up pool bar and bowling alley, very good prices, stayed there this year, and can walk to shops,bars etc north end of town ,great hotel

Ipswich, Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accomodation HELP !

Have a look at Deevana Resort they have rooms that have their own private out door jacuzzi, close(10 min walk) to the beach and close to shopping and nightlife.. We had a look at the hotel and were impressed with what we saw. Up to 31st October is the low season in Phuket so you should get some good prices. We are going in Oct 2010 too and I have stated looking already. Have a look on www.agoda.com. www.asiarooms.com, www.asiareservations.net, www.sawadee.com. Good luck. Jane

Queensland
Level Contributor
483 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accomodation HELP !

Have a look at The Old Phuket Hotel in Karon. We have just returned from staying there in their pool access room (this wing only opened in Dec 08). There is also a spa 'seat' outside your room. Couldn't fault the hotel or facilities - it's worth a look.

Sydney
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accomodation HELP !

Hi,

I know this is a late post..

The merlin beach resort has pool access rooms with HUGH POOLS!!

My friend just got back and i was astounded by the photos..!!! only downfall to this hotel is that it is in betweeen Karon & patong so you wont be able to just stroll down the street or out for dinner and walk back to the hotel..

Im going on the 30th and im staying at the Moevenpick..

the pools look great its across the road from karon beach which is meant to be beautiful, they also have plunge pool rooms!!

Le Meridian also has a MASSIVE pool , with its private beach, but downfall is it is in between karon & patong so you cant exactly just go out for a stroll.

Also try the Thavorn either in Karon or Patong, a mate from work stayed here and loved it.

Holiday Inn is meant to be great too which is in patong not on the beach though).

if you like i have many of my friends photos from her stay at the merlin beach resort and i will; ahve many of the moevenpick when i return. :)

Australia, Melbourne
Level Contributor
33 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accomodation HELP !

I've stayed at the moven pick a few years ago, very nice place, but is very isloated...have to catch a tuk tuk everytime you want to go out...

Im heading to Phuket on the 23rd Feb 2010 till the 1st with a mate.

8. Re: accomodation HELP !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 24, 2010