We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help to get to freedom beach

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help to get to freedom beach

Hello Everyone,

I am heading to Phuket in a couple of weeks and staying at Graceland Resort. I would like to know how I direct a taxi or Tuk Tuk to where the long tailboats leave from to take me to Freedom Beach? Any help is appreciated.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help to get to freedom beach

hi,

the longtail boats leave from the southern end of patong beach for freedom beach,that's the opposite end to where you are staying but I'm sure the taxi driver will take you sraight there and charge you 200bht

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help to get to freedom beach

Hello Tytahn,

First reply is correct on one point, You can hire a longboat from the southern end of Patong Beach. You can ask any of the longboat owners around the blue jetty/pier were the water plane docks.

You can't get a taxi to Freedom Beach, unless within the last 12 months they've built a footpath or road, which is highly unlikely. If you do go by taxi be prepared to walk through alot of dense brush.

My recommendation is try and get other people to go to Freedom Beach and share the cost. You're going to pay around 1500Baht return trip.

I'd recommend that if you're eating at Freedom Beach then you book your table as soon as you arrive because if you leave it too late you'll be eating late.

You can also catch a longboat to Freedom Beach from Karon for 1500Baht.

Hope this helps you out.

Here's a web link for you to have a look at.

http://www.phuketdelight.com/Hidden.htm

I fully recommend Laem Singh Beach. You can get a taxi to that one.

Enjoy!

Doyley, Liverpool. UK.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help to get to freedom beach

Hello Again,

Found this article I wrote about 2 years ago for TripAdvisor,

It will answer all your questions about Freedom Beach.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297930-i9925-k182…

All the Best.

Doyley.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help to get to freedom beach

Thank you for going to some much trouble, it will be very helpful!

5. Re: Help to get to freedom beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 03, 2010