We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

novotel patong?

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bolwarra
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Topic
novotel patong?

Hey,

My Boyfriend and I are staying at the Novotel in phuket for 10 days soon and I am just asking about the general quality of the hotel, staff, activities and facilities. Also any recommendations on if we should request a room in certain part of hotel etc? I am a new traveller and was wondering what to expect. Also any suggested day trip activites around the area that anyone would reccommend, or shopping? Lots of questions I know, but I would like to be prepared. Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: novotel patong?

We stayed at the Novotel Patong in April 2008 and we all absolutely loved it. Best to request a room near the bottom pool this way you are close to the pools, reception, breakfast and if you forget anything you are close to your room. Rooms near the tennis courts are just too far. The Novotel has a lot of steps but it keeps you fit whilst relaxing on holiday. Breakfast fantastic, staff fantastic, beautiful pools, rooms well kept.

Mini Mart close to hotel to stock up on snacks & beverages. Nice 15 minute walk into Patong a little longer if going down the back near OP Markets and Jungceylon.

I have written a review which tells you all about the Novotel. Happy to help if you need more information. We are planning to stay there again in 2010.

amandajt
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: novotel patong?

I have just recently stayed at the Novotel Patong April 25th to May 5th 2009. The hotel is excellent, beautifully kept and I found the staff to be excellent, polite and helpful. As it is now the off season you should be able to get a good room without too much hassle. A few tips for you..

1. Request a seaview room and the better buildings appear to be 8 , 2, 3 and 4. We were in block 5 on the lower level which had a stunning view of the ocean, but being on the bottom floor had alot of noise from overhead chairs scraping, water running through drains etc. We also had a walkway infront of our balcony so there was no privacy from people walking past to go to reception. Because we are going back in august i spoke to a staff member regarding what buildings gave the best views and he said 8 was popular with honeymooners and then 3 & 4 , with 2 being closest to the pool and maybe noisy during the day. If you dont like your room, ask to be moved, they are very accomodating and helpful.

2. The resteraunt where the breakfast is held also has buffets of different themes each night. If you book ahead in the morning at breakfast time you get two for the price of one, so it costs around 600 baht for two which is reasonably good value and the food is relatively good. We went to roast, mexican and italian nights.

3. After you check in, walk back down the bottom of the driveway and turn left, about 100ft up the road, opposite side is a 7 eleven. Get yourself snacks, water, soft drinks and alcohol from there for your room. The mini bar is expensive. Then go back to the bottom of the driveway and ask to be picked up and they will send down the boys to pick you up, all free of course unless you want to give a small tip.

4. The main shopping, markets etc are about a leisurely 20 mins stroll up the beach, you can get a tuk tuk at the bottom of the novotel driveway for around 100 to 200 baht. We had 7 people and always paid 200 baht to go to any part of patong beach with the drivers.

5. The best markets for shopping are right at the opposite end of patong beach from the novotel, they are behind the Holiday Inn. So many markets and good bargains to be had. They are open till around 9 or 10pm at night due to customs regulations, but open during the afternoon as well. The night markets along the beach front streets are open later but more expensive and we preferred the others more. We went to the Phuket town markets on the saturday but found them to be very overcrowded and the quality was poor.

6. Theres an excellent little resteraunt called No 6 which has great food at a really cheap price. I cant remember the exact location but tuk tuk drivers will take you there.

7. Be wary of the extra charges at the hotel in the restaraunts, some of them, including the fishermans add on 10% service tax and 7% governmen tax at the end, so read menus thoroughly and look for this hidden charge. Some build it into the prices while others dont, so don be afraid to ask if your not sure. Our $6,000 baht meal for 7 at the Fishermans at the novotel turned into $8,800 because of this and I was not happy.

8. Look out for Supaman one of the baggage boys, he is a sweetheart and was much loved by my neices during our stay.

Enjoy your trip, I cant wait till August :-)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: novotel patong?

I plan to stay at the novotel patong in 2 weeks, and this post really helps! thanks amandajt.

Did you feel like you were too far away from everything? was it a hassle to walk/tuk tuk into the patong beach all the time?

amandajt
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: novotel patong?

Hi Chrystee,

I didnt find it a hassle at all. I think we appreciated being out of the way of the main hustle and bustle and noise of patong beach. Most of the time we would walk down the driveway, cross the road to the beach and walk along the footpath into the main part of patong beach,there are always plenty of things to look at. We would then get a tuk tuk back, mostly because we would have bags of shopping. When we were going further into patong beach,or when we were just lazy we would get a tuk tuk at the bottom of the driveway, they are always there, just bargain with them, we paid around 200 baht for 7 of us to go to the markets at the back of the holiday inn which was right at the end of patong beach.

The Novotel is far enough away to be quiet and peaceful, but close enough to walk or cheaply tuk tuk to where you want to go.

Have an awesome stay.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: novotel patong?

This year when we visited Phuket we stayed right opposite the beach. I must say I enjoyed staying at the Novotel from the locations to the rooms, service, breakfast etc.

6. Re: novotel patong?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:34 am, November 22, 2009