We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

girl travelling alone to patong

perth, australia
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
girl travelling alone to patong

Hi, I'm planning on travelling to patong alone in May, for six nights. I'm female and have never been to thailand before.. was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how safe it is to travel alone . Also if anyone knows some decent cheap accomodation near patong beach..

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: girl travelling alone to patong

hi,

the wife and I are there in may we are staying in "Patong beach garden resort" it's right on the beach and was reasonabley priced.Don't worry about it being safe as long as your sensable it's safer in phuket than perth.what dates are you going?

mike

London, UK
Level Contributor
520 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: girl travelling alone to patong

Have you thought of spending time at Kata or Karon much less sleazy than Patong? You will have a lovely time I am off to Phuket next week for a week by myself its a very easy place but think you would be better staying elsewhere. Patong is pretty tacky, sleazy and touristy - not what Thailand beaches are best for. Have a lovely time.

perth, australia
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: girl travelling alone to patong

Hi mike,

I'm going from the 15th, I'm feeling a little more relaxed now it seems safe, Thankyou for your help :)

perth, australia
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: girl travelling alone to patong

Hi lots 66,

If i wanted to take day trips to karon or kata is it very far? Thanks for your help :)

London, UK
Level Contributor
520 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: girl travelling alone to patong

It is pretty safe and Patong is not far from Kata/Karon....seriously though if you havent booked accommodation yet, look at staying at Kata/Kata Noi the beach is so much nicer.....will let you know once I get back.

C

birmingham
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: girl travelling alone to patong

patong is great fun, if you like the night life, its the place to be, check out sun hill hotel patong, really lovely, great price

7. Re: girl travelling alone to patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:30 pm, November 01, 2017
Loei, Thailand
Level Contributor
518 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: girl travelling alone to patong

Patong is where all the action is - nightlife,shopping etc ...tacky? maybe..sleazy? - no..the beach is o.k but as others have mentioned Kata is nicer but more quiet.

You can always book your first couple of nights at Paong and if it gets on your nerves check out the other places that have been suggested - they are easy enough to get to from there.

9. Re: girl travelling alone to patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, November 01, 2009