We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mobile phones

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
2 posts
Save Topic
mobile phones

Heading to Phuket in a couple of weeks. Can anyone tell me if mobile phones are for sale at good prices in Phuket that would be compatable for Australian networks.

Thanks

Acetime

shoreham-by-sea
Level Contributor
201 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mobile phones

If you buy in phuket towm you can probably get a good deal but probably not at the beaches. Whenever I am in Thailand I normally just buy a THai sim and use my UK phone (may need to get it unlocked?). The last two years I bought a sim from Telewiz for one 2 call network for B300 which had B300 free usage on it.....in other words it was free! Paid B200 to unlock the phone originally but def worth it as uch cheaper to call/text back home.

Aussie
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mobile phones

We had a look all over Thailand for a good deal on Phones. Ended up that they were about the same price as in Oz or just a little bit cheaper.

Do some research on what phone you want and also how much it is. Then you will know if its a good deal or not. But if it is not a lot cheaper better buying one at home in case you have any propblems with it.

3. Re: mobile phones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, October 05, 2009