We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunset beach resort patong

wales
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sunset beach resort patong

Thinking of staying here in november 2008, could anyone give me any info, is there air conditioning in room, what are the rooms like. Also what is the food like.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
299 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunset beach resort patong

Hi

have booked this hotel myself for november.All your questions could be answered in the hotels reviews on this website.Its sounds like a great value little hotel.

Newcastle...
Level Contributor
77 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunset beach resort patong

We are going next month also, have read the reviews they all sound great, so will be able to tell you what it is like when we get back, we booked last November and got 13 nights for $250.00 so I don't think we will be complaining.......

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
299 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunset beach resort patong

ellie may i ask how you got that price last year? i have checked the hotel website and with my agent and the best price i can get is around $100 aussie per night,did you get a deal? if so i might hold off. .

Newcastle...
Level Contributor
77 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunset beach resort patong

Hi Balmain,

We booked through Flight centre and they had a special of 9 nights for $169 per person,that included all transfers and breakfasts and 1 dinner and a massage each, and we just added extra nights, I saw on the website they have a deal on again at the Sunset Beach Resort for $205 for 9 nights...Flight Centre always seems to have good deals

Sydney
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sunset beach resort patong

hey

my girlfriend and i stayed at the sunset beach about a year ago for 10 nights. The hotel is quite nice, and the standard rooms are modern and clean, with air con etc etc. The only downside is its location. Its pretty far from where all the action is, and even though there is a free shuttle going every 30 mins to and from the hotel it stops at i think 6 at night, and then a tuk tuk costs about 400 baht. the beach its on isnt really swimmable...

overall its a nice hotel but just be prepared to have to take alot of tuk tuk or taxi trips too and from when you go to the main beach areas

cheers

Aussie
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sunset beach resort patong

Hi we booked through www.Ixplore.com.au. Roughly $50 a night. Free shuttle runs 9 - 9pm. If you plan it right I figure that you should only need to pay to get back once a night. As for 400bt to get there it costs you 300bt just to go a block!! so maybe at least you will think you are getting a bit for your money. We will be there from 21 - 29 May.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
299 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sunset beach resort patong

400 Bart to get back to the hotel??? there is no way i would pay anymore thats for sure.you should be able to get along way on 400 bart in a tuk tuk

Newcastle...
Level Contributor
77 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sunset beach resort patong

400?? on all the reviews of the hotel most say 100 - 200 for a tuk tuk, hopefully thats all I was countin on paying

9. Re: sunset beach resort patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 25, 2009