We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
safety

looking at the questions asked no one seems to have any questions on safety, walking along the beach road at night or what to look out for when in town, anyone have any suggestions, or is it that safe no need to worry?

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safety

Safety is a matter of commonsense. Patong is probably safer then Stoke-on-Trent. Don't walk down dark streets late at night. Don't walk on the beach late at night. Don't wear loud jewellery. Don't get lose your temper. Don't carry large sums of money. etc.

western australia
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: safety

I have been to thailand on and off over the past 15 years, I have never had any problems in regards to personal safety.

A couple of tips though, avoid getting so drunk that you do not know what your doing or where you are, because if your smashed out of your brain YOUR A PRIME TARGET.

leave your expensive watches and jewels at home, don't flash large sums of money around.

if you plan to take a "friend" back to your hotel,

lock everything up including passport, tickets, credit cards and anything else of value in the hotel safe, before you go out.

I have found that most Thais are reasonably honest, but remember most have come from extremely poor backgrounds and to prevent ill feelings remove any temptations.

If you are walking alone at night be aware that there are ladies that ride motor bikes trying to get you to take them - AVIOD Like the Plague, as thay will attempt to pick your pockets and rob you blind.

I suggest that if you are a bit worst for wear get the bar owner call a tuk tuk for you to go back to the hotel

3. Re: safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, September 23, 2009