We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bathrooms in Busakorn wing, Holiday Inn

Paralowie, Australia
Level Contributor
112 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Bathrooms in Busakorn wing, Holiday Inn

In one of the reviews in Hotels and Accomodation the following comment was made:

There was no proper bathroom which was weird and the room lacked imagination completely.

What does this mean. I can't believe there is no proper bathroom so am assuming maybe there is only a shower with no bath. We are staying there in June and I am puzzled. Please anyone who has stayed there let me know what the bathroom is like.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bathrooms in Busakorn wing, Holiday Inn

hi,don,t worry you don,t get a bath but you do get a large shower room,with a fitted bench seat,next to it is a washbasin with mirror.its o.k. regards dave.

Paralowie, Australia
Level Contributor
112 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bathrooms in Busakorn wing, Holiday Inn

Thanks very much. I was thinking that was the case. I don't mind not having a bath, a shower is better when you are on holidays.

Swden
Level Contributor
176 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bathrooms in Busakorn wing, Holiday Inn

Sorry that was my review. What I found weird was that you walk into the room and the entrance area has a washbasin unit to the left and dressing table with mirror to the right. There is a small toilet cubicle with a frosted glass door off this entrance area and a decent sized shower room/cubicle with a bench seat off the entrance area next to the washbasin.

The toilet cubicle is small and if you want to close the door it only misses the actual toilet by ½ an inch, with you standing squeezed against the wall. If you don't close the toilet you are in direct view of your partner when they are laying on the bed. Odd!

The reason that I thought it was weird is that the entrance and bathroom facilities are combined, for example the minibar and tea/coffee facilities are in a cupboard next to the washbasin unit.

In all the other hotels we stayed in during our Thailand holiday the bathroom was a separate room, often with a window, always with a bath AND a shower.

I felt that this design was cheap and gave a motel feel to the room. Ironic really as this hotel was far more expensive than the others that we stayed in.

Paralowie, Australia
Level Contributor
112 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bathrooms in Busakorn wing, Holiday Inn

Thanks SwedishCath for clarifying. We are going in June and I am hoping we have made a wise decision as this is our first time in Phuket. Always a worry chosing a hotel in an unknown place and we chose because of postion and reviews seemed good.

5. Re: Bathrooms in Busakorn wing, Holiday Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, September 22, 2009