We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice please - which resort - choice of 3 ????

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice please - which resort - choice of 3 ????

Hi everyone,

I have been reading and gaining a lot of valuable information from this forum for some time. Thank you to all. We have booked our trip to Bangkok and Phuket in June (1st timers). Our travel agent has left us to decide on 3 resorts within our budget. Needs to be booked very soon. They are Club Andaman, Banthai and Horizon. We are a middle aged couple who enjoy a little comfort, relaxation, friendliness and good food. We are keen to take advantage of all that Patong has to offer tourists. We love swimming so the beach and good pools would be an advantage. Any information and advice on these resorts would be much appreciated. Cheers Lyn & Ray

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,941 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice please - which resort - choice of 3 ????

We have stayed at Club Andaman in their cottages. Loved the place, great location and beautiful grounds and pool. Have a look at our photos of the hotel and grounds on the link below.

Cathy

cathyandgarystravelpages.com/club_andaman_re…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice please - which resort - choice of 3 ????

We are staying at the Banthai for 12 nights in April. We haven't been there before but we have heard from someone who stayed there that it is very good, and it's in the heart of Patong. Check out the deluxe pool rooms, they are supposed to be fantastic. I would have loved to stay in one of those rooms but it's out of our price range, seeing we are a family of 6.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice please - which resort - choice of 3 ????

Hi Lyn & Ray

We are booked into the Horizon, good 3* accommadation, central to everything. My advice is to book Horizon or Banthai both in good location to Bangla Rd. the Otop markets, restaurants, beach etc.

The Club Andaman is a lovely resort, but at the northern end of Patong, so you would have to take a Tuk Tuk (taxi) to get to most places, especially at night!

Enjoy....Jill.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice please - which resort - choice of 3 ????

Hi,

Thank you all for your advice. Cant imagine trying to plan this holiday without reading information from this forum. What a gem!!!!! Finally decided on Club Andaman Deluxe balcony room. We were haoppy with the price our travel agent came up with. Counting the days until we leave in June. So excited as this will be our first overseas trip and quality holiday. Finally reared the kids!!

Yes Giannetta the deluxe pool rooms looks fantastic but also out of our price range. Hope your April holiday is fantastic. Let me know.

Hope you also have a great holiday Jill. I realise we are a little away from Bangla road but looking forward to having tuk tuk rides. Something different and novel from our aussie forms of transport.

Cathy - thank you, thank you - your travel pages are just great. Showed my husband and he was thrilled with all the information - not only Phuket but Bangkok also. We will be using them as our main guide to planning our trip. Also took your recommendation for Century Park Junior suite in Bangkok. Noticed you are also in Phuket in June. Hope to see you and thank you in person. Would love to have a drik with you and Gary. We were reading about the Friday night forum members BBQ. Sounds like fun to us. How soon would we have to book with Richard and Megumi for a Friday night in June?

We are also travelling to Singapore so any tips or travel advice there would be much appreciated. I'm sure we will probably have more questions for you so please be patient with us as we are novice travellers.

Cheers Lyn

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,941 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice please - which resort - choice of 3 ????

Hi there Lynn,

Good choice, Club Andaman might be the northern end of Patong Beach but its the same distance to Bangla Rd (10 min walk) as Horizon at the southern end. So location is good.

Did you get the free upgrade to the Junior suite at Century Park Hotel?

I would book the Friday Night BBQ a couple of months before you go, we will definately catch up with you both for a drink. What dates are you in Phuket?

We changed our tickets the other day so we are now also staying in Singapore for 5 nighs, when are you there? We are staying at the Royal@Queens (think thats what its called)

Any more questions just ask and thanks for the nice comments re my web pages.

Cheers Cathy

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice please - which resort - choice of 3 ????

Hi Lynn, I see you have chosen the Club A, which would have been my choice. Yes it's a bit of a walk, but it's nice to be able to get away from the hustle & bustle. We used to walk in twice a day, but we'd stop so many times along the way, eventually we caught a tuk tuk if we were going to Otop markets or the south end of Patong. There are some great beach restaurants (great prices), approx 2 mins walk towards main area & across the rd. Lee

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice please - which resort - choice of 3 ????

Thanks once again for your replies. Club Andaman gardens look wonderfully peaceful and I'm sure the walk down to Bangla Rd can only be good for us (after a big breakfast). Lee I agree that to be away from the hustle and bustle would be good.

What are the Otop markets you mentioned?

We are in Patong for 8 nights from 24th June until 2nd July and then back home to Brisbane (hopefully returning home relaxed after our beach experience).

We start our journey on the 12th June with 3 nights in Singapore at the Peninsula Excelsior Hotel(as recommended by our travel agent). 4 nights on a Straits of Malacca cruise and then on to Bangkok for 5 nights on the 19th June. We booked the Junior suite in the Century Park Hotel as the price was very reasonable (didn't wait for the free upgrade). Can't wait to hit the shops in Bangkok - especially the MBK shopping centre that I've read about.

From what I've read Bangkok is quite hustle and bustle so we opted to end our trip in Phuket with beach atmosphere.

Looking forward to meeting lots of friendly fellow travellers in Phuket. It seems to be a favourite place with a lot of aussies. Will be definately booking the forum members BBQ very soon. Will follow your suggestions on your web page Cathy. Thank you.

Got lots of things to attend to betweeen now and then like money (bank cards), immunisations, phone and camera asseccories etc. Probably will be looking for advice on numerous subjects as well as travel tips but will post separate questions as they arise.

Thank you all forum members.

Happy reading everyone. I know I will be.

Cheers Lyn

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice please - which resort - choice of 3 ????

Hi Lyn

What a great holiday, you have to look forward to. Otop markets are on Rat-u-thit Rd, (near the back part of Holiday Inn if you find that on a map). I finally found one that actually shows it by name see first link, have a look at Phuket delight link for lots of info as well.

Lee

www.pocket-map.net/patong_beach_map.htm

http://www.knowphuket.com/shopping.htm

http://phuketdelight.com/

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice please - which resort - choice of 3 ????

Thanks Lee. All very useful info.

Cheers Lyn

dev
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice please - which resort - choice of 3 ????

Hi,

I am going in June and staying at Amari Coral Beach Resort. My travel agent stayed at Andaman and said it was lovely. We decided to stay out a little bit and ours has its own beach ( although rocky) and jetty. Andaman is cheaper than ours but really nice.

Hope this helps, might see you there! Jill