We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

graceland hotel

australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
graceland hotel

Was hoping someone might be able to help us we are thinking about staying here in april was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a kids club here.thanks

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,342 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: graceland hotel

Hi Corinne,

When I was at Gracelands in October there was no kids club - the hotel has it's own bowling alley, though.

Don't know how old your children are, but there is no child's wading pool either.I think your children would need to be swimmers if you want to leave them on their own in the pool.

Fabulous huge pool, though, and great place to stay.

Cheers,

Sandy

New Zealand
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: graceland hotel

Hi Corinne,may be a little late but did you ever stay at the Graceland Resort?We are thinking of going their with our 2 teenagers in the New Year.It is either their or the Banthai Resort-just unsure.Would appreciate any info you have on either. Thanks.

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,342 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: graceland hotel

Hi There,

The Banthai is well located near all the action - whereas Gracelands is at the northern part of Patong - about 15 minutes walk to Bangla Road. Banthai is lovely but would stop in the new wing as my daughter stayed in a Deluxe room in the old wing (let's hope it was) and the bathroom was small and dated.

Gracelands rooms are much bigger with good bathrooms - we have stayed there 3 times and stayed in the same room twice and the one next door once. We always stay in the poolside rooms, so no running up and down stairs to get to the pool.

Lounge hoggers have now arrived at Gracelands - so you need to sneak out and put some towels on the lounges about 6.30am - that's where poolside rooms are handy - pools are fantastic at Gracelands.

Pros - Gracelands - beach opposite, great pools, large rooms, spacious grounds, bowling alley

Cons - a further walk to the main area

Banthai - great location especially for teenagers.

Have fun deciding

Cheers,

Sandy

New Zealand
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: graceland hotel

Thanks Sandy you have answered a real SOS.The more I read up about the Resorts the more confused I get.I had read quite a few negative reveiws about Gracelandsand that was putting me off.I don't mind the 15min walk to the centre of town as we will need some exercise to walk off all the food and drinks we intend to consume.As long as the kids can enjoy themselves we will.Thanks again.

PS; is the resort a bit too big to enjoy?

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,342 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: graceland hotel

If you like a fabulous pool and lots of sun, then Gracelands is the best - don't expect personalised service from the staff, though.It is mostly Asian & European clientele - guests seem to keep to themself which we quite liked - although after staying at a smaller place in Ko Samui where it was really friendly, it is still a great place to enjoy.

The beach across the road is the best part of Patong.

If you want loads of social interaction with other guests, then I would not recommend it.

However, if we go back to Phuket, it will probably be our first choice if staying in Patong.

Cheers,

Sandy

6. Re: graceland hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 30, 2009