We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patong Tower

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
488 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Patong Tower

Highrise aren't normally what I go for, but i am having probs finding a 2 bedromm place at a reasonable price in Patong.

We want to stay right in the middle of things.

I have found a reasonably priced 2 bedroom apartment in Patong Tower but cannot find much feedback about the apartments.

Anyone have comment.

I understand that the units are independantly owned and therefor have differing standards of furniture etc.

Can anyone offer any alternatives or feedback about the units??

Thanks

Brett

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patong Tower

HI Brett

Take a look at Cathy & gary's website. This has links to a variety of differnt things to do and see. They have stayed recently at a place called Swiss Palm Hotel - this mob offers 2 bed apartment.

www.cathyandgarystravelpages.com

just follow the links - Thailand, Phuket and then places to stay.

Hope this helps, good luck

Suzan

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Patong Tower

Hi Brett,

We also looked at Patong Tower before we found the Swiss Palm Beach Hotel apartments.

cathyandgarystravelpages.com/swiss_palm_beac…

(Swiss Palm is probably the same distance to Bangla Rd as the Patong Tower is but its a much nicer area.)

Some of the apartments in Patong Tower look lovely but we didnt want to be in the crowded busy end of Patong.

Have you seen this Picasa site, theres a hundred or so photos of apartments for rent in Patong Tower.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dekeyser.jacques

Cathy

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
488 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Patong Tower

Thanks for that guys.

Cathy had already put me on to the Swiss and I have looked at the Andaman Beach suites.

Cathy, I had seen those pics but i find it really hard to tell spacially just what they are like inside.

So i was just wanting to hear from someone who had maybe had a look inside.

Thanks for your advice.

Brett

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Patong Tower

Same here Brett, they sort of look small and lots of them at Patong Tower do not have a seperate bedroom.

Cathy

Stockholm
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Patong Tower

If you want to stay in the middle of things in Patong, then you are right - the place is Patong Tower as it is close to the beach and you have easy access to the beach road, the "second road" and Bangla Rd.

I finally found an apartment there where I have stayed a couple of times. I also prefer separate bedroom and high standard.

So have a look at this site: www.patongtower.dk

Zala

phuket
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Patong Tower

I have discover an other website, there you can ask for book a apartment in the Patong Tower and they give you a link to a tone of picture, some apartment get jacuzzi on Balcony.

All are full furnished and nicely decorated.

http://www.phuketapartmentforrent.com

Good Luck

Max

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
773 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Patong Tower

Most places are not on the internet. I stayed at Bann Patong, just 2 blocks away from the beack for only 650 baht a night, a.c and private washroom. Very clean and very nice place.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Patong Tower

great link Max... def some really good options for families on a budget... there was a four bedroom apartment with beach veiw for like 3500 bht per night, yes in the lower seasons but for 6 months of the year..... good info!

cheers

Chelle

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
488 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Patong Tower

Hey guys.

I used the 4 bedroom apartment - was beautiful, great spot.

Just watch out for the power bill at the end.

It is on the website that you are responsible for power.

I didn't see this and ended up having to pay an extra AUS$100 at the end for power.

They charge you a rediculous amount per unit of power you use.

We used the aircon etc and over 8 days i guess it wasn't much, just the shock of having to pay.

Also the pool sucks.

If you want a pool to relax by, don't expect that, there are not chairs let alone loungers and the pool is at the end of the small mall that leads to the apartments - it isnt very appealing at all.

Having said that the beach is like 2 seconds away - didn't need the pool at all.

Brett

austin, texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Patong Tower

Yes, they are independently owned and they are finished out quite differently. Some haven't been remodeled from the original design, so be sure to get an upgraded condo or you will be disappointed.

I stayed there last winter for one month and was quite pleased with my unit. It was a one bedroom, twice the size of a hotel room, and the price was very good. The location is simply ideal. It's about 150 meter walk to the beach, far enough back so you don't have noise from the road. It's also about 200 meters from Soi Bang La. You're close to everything--you won't ever need to take one of those horrible tuk tuks at the end of the evening to get home. My condo was on the 14th floor so I had a wonderful view of Patong Bay. I'd say, get one on the 10th floor or up for the best views.

All in all a great place to stay. Again though, get the owner to send you photos of his unit so you can see that it has been redone, or you'll have moldy carpet and no kitchen.