We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for family

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for family

Can anyone suggest a good hotel not in Patong suitable for a family with young chidren? We stayed at the Cape Panwa a couple of years ago but looking to try somewhere new this time. Holiday Inn of course comes as reccommended but we would prefer somewhere a bit quiter and away from the hustle & bustle. Kata Thani has some terrible recent reviews (are these justified?). Merlin looks OK but the rocky beach puts us off.

Any suggestions gratefully received!!

Thanks.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,941 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for family

Have a look at Club Andaman, its at the northern end of Patong beach, a lot quieter than the Holiday Inn end, much easier to walk around with children as its not as crowded, you are still very close to shops, restaurants etc.

The grounds and pools are beautiful, opposite the beach (where there is also a nice playground)

Theres more info and photos of rooms etc on my link below

cathyandgarystravelpages.com/club_andaman_re…

Cathy

allambie heights...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for family

Hi There,

went on family holiday in July and stayed at the Allamanda. Very cheap, rooms were very clean and big. I have two boys one 4 and the other 2 . They loved the kids club, staff were very kind. The 2 year old was too young to be in there, so I had to hire a nanny for him which was 200 baht per hour. The kids club is from 4 yrs on. The whole area is very quite, about 25min to Patong. There are 5 hotels all joined together and you can go to all of them, they are all joined by a lagoon. You catch these cool boats everywhere, the kids loved it. They also have elephants at the Sherton every morning, unreal, kids went nuts. Best restuarant in the area was Lotus, cheap and yummy!!! Its right on the beach, all the kids play on the sand out the front while you eat dinner. They also have an open air shuttle bus that picks you up from your hotel that is free, kids loved that as well. You must book lotus as it is booked out every night.

Let me know if you need any more info!

3. Re: Hotel for family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, September 08, 2009