We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BYD Lofts...anyone know anything?

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
518 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
BYD Lofts...anyone know anything?

I'm booked there in a few weeks and there's only one review. Does anyone know ANYTHING about the BYD Lofts?

Thanks in advance.

scott

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
120 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BYD Lofts...anyone know anything?

Hi Scott well I'm staying directly opposite the BYD Lofts right now (at Amanta House - my review of Amanta should be online on Tripadvisor in the next day or three; its a great place to stay too and very cheap) and I am looking at their blue neon sign and reception desk from my room right now.

I have not been inside but it appears to be a new block of luxury apartments/condos, which are serviced and rented out as a hotel. There is a fancy bar/restaurant attached to it. There is a sign on the building saying the units are between 95 and 160 sq meters, there is a swimming pool, and there are only three left - so if you like your stay there, you can buy the unit ;-)

Whilst not very close to the beach (about 5 - 10 minutes walk), the place is quite central as this is a side street off one of the main roads in Patong. Therefore there are plenty of shops, restaurants, massage places, etc. in the area. You won't be bored, and whilst the street itself is quiet, the area is quite busy the moment you walk to the main road around the corner...

Hope this helps!

London
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: BYD Lofts...anyone know anything?

Dear Scott,

The BYD lofts are a superb serviced hotel apartments low rise 'complex', unrivalled in Patong, and I know for I have stayed in Patong for quite some time.They are very modern, the 1-beds are 95-105m2 (took all this from the website) with built in kitchens, comfortable L-shaped sofas, 43" plasma TVs, DVD, pioneer sound system. The beds are king size, import stuff. Duvets, aircon throughout, and the best breakfast you can get in town. Spacious terraces, baths (not all apartments) room service, shower, rainshower etc etc. You could choose worse. My friends and I have booked 10 apartments in Ocober, maybe one of those dates coincides with you staying there?

They also have great weekly DJ parties, a very nice bar and restauant with an expat chef (name escapes me, but I think he's German with Michelin 2* training) and a great spa, managed by the ex Banyan Tree manageress. The management is Western too, and no request seems too much, you're not just another anonymous guest. They do very special transfers too, but find out for yourself.

Take care, and have a safe flight.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: BYD Lofts...anyone know anything?

The devellopment was done by the guys who own the Baan Yindee Hotel (hence the name)... as far as I know they still own and operate them.

4. Re: BYD Lofts...anyone know anything?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, September 09, 2009