We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in august?

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
aussie in oz
Level Contributor
108 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay in august?

bhanthai beach resort or merlin beach or novotel phuket?Where should we stay 4 girls from 30 to 50 for ten days wanting a pool bar as their most important feature,please help we are indecisive women

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in august?

Novotel is at far north end and it's steep up to it, so you have a fair walk to the beach, I don't know your budget but Graceland resort has a lovely pool with bar ( though you must appreciate it being rainy season ) and it's just across the road from the beach, walkable to busiest part of Patong but just away enough to be quieter.

Adelaide
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in august?

I have just returned from patong 2 days ago and I stayed at the Horizon beach resort DONT STAY THERE. We had a bad experience with our booking (long story). I did check out the merlin hotel and it looked great with everything you could possible want in a great location. The Novatel is a lovely hotel in a quieter area (you will need to get a tuk tuk everytime you go out.) I did notice the Patong beach hotel is in a good spot ..near everything etc...and the Hilday Inn is really lovely...so I hope this helps you make yor decision.

Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in august?

We stayed at the Novotel last year and loved it so much we are staying again this year. Can't give enough positive comments. Rooms are beautiful with sea views, good size private balcony and a lovely Thai influence with silk canopies over the bed. Resort has 3 pools with waterfalls between, good bars and restaurants, fantastic views and staff are so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was of a high standard.

We stayed for 12 nights and ate in the Thai restaurant on 3 occasions. Other than that we walked into town every night and found a restaurant to eat before doing some shopping. Some nights we walked back (yes the steps are a killer at the end but you do walk off the food) or caught a tuk tuk for 100 baht. Was far enough away to be very quiet and peaceful yet close enough to walk in without being too far.

Highly recommend it.

Melbourne
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in august?

Hi,

I just checked out of banthai - absolutely gorgeous and in a top position.

Get a deluxe room in the new building if you can and you'll be very happy....

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in august?

I am staying at Novotel in Aug. Previously having stayed at Patong Merlin, Horizen and Coconut Village. All very different but no complaints from me about any of them.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
409 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay in august?

Novotel and Merlin are far away from center of patong,you need to take tuk tuk but just walk 5 mins to beach.

I think you should try to check Patong Bay Garden,it's on beach ,near tourist police station and shopping area.

Good Luck!

7. Re: where to stay in august?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 02, 2009