We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Video: Misty Morning at Pang Ung (ปางอุ๋ง)

Which Mae Hong Son hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Video: Misty Morning at Pang Ung (ปางอุ๋ง)

Pang Ung (ปางอุ๋ง) is a lovely place to visit near Mae Hong Son, and the camping spot between the pine trees, next to the reservoir, is perfect. In January I took my little Sony RX100 camera up there and made this video on a cold, misty, atmospheric morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUvRj9e2o50

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Video: Misty Morning at Pang Ung (ปางอุ๋ง)

This is beautiful, mid-range-guy, and good choice of music, too! We are going to MHS in December and this gives me an idea for a place to visit while we're there. I hadn't seen those little rafts before - are they common on that bit of water?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Video: Misty Morning at Pang Ung (ปางอุ๋ง)

Thanks spopey, Yes you can board one of those rafts at the east end of the lake and you will be rowed to the far end. I didn't do it myself but I saw quite a few of them on both mornings I was there. I'm afraid I don't know the price.

Also in that area it's worth a visit to the tea shops up at Ban Rak Thai.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Video: Misty Morning at Pang Ung (ปางอุ๋ง)

What a very suggestive video, thanks for sharing.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Video: Misty Morning at Pang Ung (ปางอุ๋ง)

Beautiful video, you can picture yourself sitting on the bank of the river drinking tea as the day starts just resolving all of lifes problems. Love the boat rides. Am coming to Thailand in November traveling up to Mae Hong Son, is this close enough to book something like this?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Video: Misty Morning at Pang Ung (ปางอุ๋ง)

Thanks. If you mean the boat rides etc., I think most people arrange activities like that once they are there.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,713 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Video: Misty Morning at Pang Ung (ปางอุ๋ง)

Hello mid-range-guy - that video is exqusiite and the music was just perfect. I loved it! and intend to do one of those raft rides in an early morning while I am there in late December. Thanks so much for posting this!

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Video: Misty Morning at Pang Ung (ปางอุ๋ง)

HI, thanks for the video. Planning on making a trip to Pang Ung from Chiang Mai. From Pang Ung how do we get to Ban Rak Thai? Not sure what kind of transport are available. Thanks!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
270 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Video: Misty Morning at Pang Ung (ปางอุ๋ง)

Thanks

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,713 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Video: Misty Morning at Pang Ung (ปางอุ๋ง)

Piak007... what are you on about? Are you trying to build up your number of posts? I've noticed several of your posts just saying "Thanks" that have no relevance to the many threads you have put non-sensical words in. Please stop that.

10. Re: Video: Misty Morning at Pang Ung (ปางอุ๋ง)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 25, 2015