We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with luxury hotel lokking at Tubkaak

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Help with luxury hotel lokking at Tubkaak

Hi I would like to come back to krabi as i love this area. Last year we had a week at the Rayavadee loved it but if we go back this year we will not have anything to look forward to as been there and done it.

I have seen that the Tubkaak has some really good reviews would be interested in knowing a bit more does the beach that you are on have tides so that you can not swim. Also what would the best rooms be to book here there is just two of us. Are there any good restaurants in the vicinity. I have read it is an easy taxi ride into aonang but also read its hard to get there.

If anybody has stayed at both hotels which one did you prefer and for what reason. Or is there another luxury hotel i can look at.

thanks

Level Contributor
2,345 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with luxury hotel lokking at Tubkaak

There are tides and you will need to walk out quite a way at times to have a swim, we went kayaking etc and it was great fun. The beach itself is the best we saw in that part of Krabi. It is very expensive to stay there so it depends on what you want, the standard and deluxe rooms around the pool are very nice, i think all rooms have outside bathrooms. If you want to spend more then go for a seaview villa, they are semi detached and stand on their own whereas the deluxe rooms are closer to other people. We are going back in Feb for our 2nd holiday there and would stay there everytime but the rooms are expensive for Thailand and the hotel is small without a lot of facilities but the staff and ambiance make up for that.

Lichfield, England
Level Contributor
488 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with luxury hotel lokking at Tubkaak

Hi Jenson,

we had 2 weeks at Rayavadee in Aug 05 and 10 days at the Sarojin, Khao Lak, followed by 6 nights at the Tubkaak last August. It may be worth considering splitting your holiday like that too? If you click on my name you can read my reviews regarding the last two hotels. They are all fabulous hotel's. As ever it comes down to your preferences. Rayavadee is bigger, spread over quite a huge area. The Tubkaak is very small - only about 40+ rooms. It occupies quite a small area on the side of a hill, but they have made good use of the room. The food at the Tubkaak is superb, however I believe Rayavadee has improved since we were there, it was OK then, but not brilliant. The beach at the Tubkaak is virtually deserted, as opposed to Rayavadee! There aren't the stunning limestone cliffs at the Tubkaak but the view is better than Rayavadee, believe it or not! The Hong Islands are opposite but the whole area, as far as the eye can see, is island after island, amazing. Tubkaak is far more relaxed, there's something very special about the place, it's very lazy and easy going. There's hammocks and bean abags on the beach and the high spot of the day is sitting and watching the sun go down over the Hong islands. There aren't any local restaurant's but the new road may well be open now - avoiding the quarry! However, once you are there you may not want to move - we didn't, which is very unlike us! Regarding rooms, the standard and deluxe are around the pool, I doubt if there's any sea view. The sea view rooms are semi detached and overlook the beach. Then there's the Laurel Suite which is effectively the same as the sea view rooms but is all your's so you've got a lounge as well. Then there's the Tubkaak suite which is fabulous. It's a two story villa with your own infinity pool, jacuzzi, even a sauna. Obviously it comes at a price. We have two teenage daughter's so it's ideal for us. Tubkaak is a simple hotel, but real home from home. We normally have differing views on which hotel's we like best, but we all agreed that the Tubkaak is our favourite ever, and that's saying something! We're going back in March - we've re-thought our our whole holiday plans for this year just to ensure we get a Tubkaak fix!

Singapore
Level Contributor
123 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with luxury hotel lokking at Tubkaak

I have booked at the Tubkaak Resort, will be there next week.

Any idea whether the new road is opened yet ?

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with luxury hotel lokking at Tubkaak

G'day from Aonang. the new road opened about 2 months ago

have a great holiday!

Singapore
Level Contributor
123 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with luxury hotel lokking at Tubkaak

Thank you !!!

Singapore
Level Contributor
123 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with luxury hotel lokking at Tubkaak

I have returned from Tubkaak about a week ago.

The new road is so smooth, I really cannot imagine getting to the resort without this road !!!

7. Re: Help with luxury hotel lokking at Tubkaak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, August 28, 2009