We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed to adjust logistic details please

Amsterdam
10 posts
Save Topic
Help needed to adjust logistic details please

Hi All,

I'm building up the second part of my itinerary and i'd really appreciate if some more experienced travellers would give a helping hand.

I have a total of 6 days (maybe 7) and main places of interest would be around Krabi: Railay, Phi Phi, Phang Nga Marine Park and Ko Lanta.

Which would be a good base to explore the surroundings? Krabi town seem to get more credits that Ao Nang: is that true? And is it convenient as a starting point for day trips? Ko Lanta would be for a couple of days or so.

Any suggestion will be more than welcome (places to cut, places to add, where to stay and so on)!

Thanks a whole lot.

Ao Nang, Krabi
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed to adjust logistic details please

The tours will pick you up from either Ao Nang, Krabi Town or Railay but booking them in Railay may be more expensive. The cost of living in Krabi Town will be cheaper as there are plenty of cheap restaurants and bars. Ao Nang is the tourist centre with tourist shops, restaurants and bars, plus, of course, it has the beaches. I guess it depends on your priorities!

Amsterdam
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed to adjust logistic details please

Hi,

thanks a lot for your answer.

With the exception of the tour to Phi Phi Leh (is there one from Krabi?) and maybe the Phang Nga Marine Park (worth it?), i'd just take transportation to West Railey to spend the day (and be back in Krabi for the night) and Ko Lanta (where to spend a couple of days).

I'd rather skip Ao Nang, unless its transportation facilities are stunningly better than Krabi's.

About places to see over there, suggestions are surely welcome: i'm mostly interested in the gorgeous scenery, relaxed, laid back beaches and not so much in night party life. Ko Lanta seemed to be a good choice...

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the little confusion: each guesthouse is answering that they're almost fully booked and i start to feel pressured to finalize my itinerary.

3. Re: Help needed to adjust logistic details please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Krabi Town