We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pimalai Hotel-Ko Lanta

San Francisco
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Pimalai Hotel-Ko Lanta

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has stayed here before and if so, would you recommend it for myself and my wife? We are in our late 30's, looking for a relaxing place to unwind for a week, with excellent service, good food, and amenities. No craziness or partying necessary. One more thing, are there a number of places to eat outside the hotel area? We would like to be able to have some meals off the property in order to have some variety. Thanks for your feedback.

Italy
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pimalai Hotel-Ko Lanta

Hello Ageso !

I have not slept at Pimalai, but I have visited it last year. It's a nice resort, but quite isolated, (I don't think that you find restaurants in the neighbourhood) so I would definitively recommend Layana which is more or less at the same level, and in the surroundings you have got a lot of small restaurants and it's about 3-4 km. from Saladan. And if you want to go and eat well and pay little, than go to RETRO which is along the main road (5-6 km. from Saladan.

arctica
Level Contributor
930 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pimalai Hotel-Ko Lanta

Yes, there are a few small hotels and some nice beach restaurants to chose from at the other end of Kan Tiang beach where Pimalai is.

It is more lively at Klong Dao and Long beach (Phra Ae) in the north, but it depends on what you like. If you don`t mind the isolation, go for Kan Tiang. It is a beautiful, private beach, and you can take day trips to Saladan town and the northern beaches.

Buriram, Thailand
Level Contributor
741 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pimalai Hotel-Ko Lanta

The hotel is lovely and very laid back; great for unwinding. The beach is not the best but there is always the pool. In the evening there are quiet a few restaurants around the bay reached by walking along the beach rather than the road which takes longer. Some of these are music bars and other are just great places to relax.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pimalai Hotel-Ko Lanta

Thanks for all of your input. Right now, its between Ko Lanta (Pimalai) and Ko Lhak (Sarojin or LeMeridian). I just want to make sure we have some options for food and a bit of evening entertainment (a drink somewhere) if we're going to be in one place for a week or so. I appreciate all of your assistance in helping me out.

Also, if anyone has additional suggestions as to places I'm missing in that area (incl. Phuket), please let me know. I'm always looking for input from those in the know.

5. Re: Pimalai Hotel-Ko Lanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, August 19, 2009