We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning transport from Krabi to Surat Thani

Scotland
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Early morning transport from Krabi to Surat Thani

Hi there,

I'd like to take the train back up to Bangkok from Krabi and see the scenery on the way up. The only train that allows that would be the 10.40am departing Surat Thani.

Providing I can get an early long tail boat to Ao-Nang, does anyone know the best way to Surat Thani and how long it might take? I know there are buses leaving krabi town but are they regular and do any leave from Ao Nang early enough to get me there for about 10am?

Many thanks!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning transport from Krabi to Surat Thani

There would be buses leaving from Kabi but they might not be express, those that head to Bangkok would be but they probably would not be leaving at that time, you would need to time it right but you can 'always' get a car and driver to take you there no problem at all.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning transport from Krabi to Surat Thani

Sorry but I may be bursting your balloon here !

On the schedule I have the 1040 train from Surat to Bangkok is a 'Diesel Ralcar' service, it is very different from the Express and rapid trains, the Rapid and Express are the trains you would want, comfortable seats, on board food car etc. But those are mostly overnighters. If you really love trains you may find the railcar ok but have a think about it.

This is the Diesel railcar:

http://www.railway.co.th/English/Car_APD.asp

Schedules:

www.railway.co.th/English/Time_HTML.asp

This is a very good rail site for Thailand:

http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm

Scotland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning transport from Krabi to Surat Thani

HI Monica,

thank you for your help! I have already seen these sites but was just worried i wouldn't be able to make the morning train back to Bangkok. In view of this, I think I may just do the sensible thing and take the 8.05 morning express train FROM Bangkok for the scenery and just catch an overnight one back!

I dont suppose you know if there are buses that leave Ao Nang for Surat Thani or do I have to go to Krabi Town first?

Many thanks :)

4. Re: Early morning transport from Krabi to Surat Thani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 19, 2009