We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asiarooms cancellation policy - Sunrise Tropical Resort

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
65 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Asiarooms cancellation policy - Sunrise Tropical Resort

As part of our forthcoming two week trip to Thailand my 16 year old daughter and I have chosen to spend a few days in krabi at the Sunrise Tropical Resort. We would hope to spend 5 days there but reluctant to book 5 days in case weather not good and need to move on. Thought would book 2 days through Asiarooms but wonder if we could then book direct through the hotel for the same rate, or call Asiarooms and extend our stay. Any suggestions? Don't want to book 5 days and then not get refund if decide to move on.

Also - anyone got an email address/website for the Sunrise Tropical Resort. I can't find them anywhere, although one of the posts refers to the fact that they reply to emails very quickly: I assume that is because they don't get many emails if there address is so hard to track down :-)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Montreal, QC
Level Contributor
617 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asiarooms cancellation policy - Sunrise Tropical Resort

I can only share my experience with adding nights. We had booked one night with Asiarooms and the hotel could only offer us almost double the rate we had paid if we wanted to add another night. I did not know that we would need another night until that very morning so I did not have enough time to request the booking on-line. In the end I had to visit a travel agent to get a similar rate but it was still slightly more than Asiarooms and took a lot of negotiating on my part.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,919 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Asiarooms cancellation policy - Sunrise Tropical Resort

We booked with AsiaRooms for our stay in Khao Lak and extended with them at original rate which the hotel would not match. However, we were able to do this because AsiaRooms local agent was AsiaTrails who had an office in the hotel and they did the extension for us by phone with AsiaRooms HQ in Bangkok. When you receive your Email confirmation fro AsiaRooms it should tell you who their local agent is. Contact them and ask will you be able to extend at their office at the rates you booked when you arrive n resort. The only potential complication is that AsiaRooms send the voucher to the Email address used for the original booking. I accessed my email through my laptop then forwarded a copy to the hotel's Reservations Manager whose Email address I had. Sounds complicated but worth it when you are saving 25% on "best" hotel rate.

seattle
Level Contributor
157 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Asiarooms cancellation policy - Sunrise Tropical Resort

Asia rooms is only cheaper if you book for less than 4 nights. Their price is 2355/nt but the hotel has a special stay 4, pay for 3. At 3000/nt this averages 2250 per night over the stay. It depends on what you wnat to do.