We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please with Layana on Koh Lanta

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
8 posts
Save Topic
Help please with Layana on Koh Lanta

Thanks for your help. WOuld you stay eight days at Layana or five days at Sheraton Krabi and then five at Layana?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please with Layana on Koh Lanta

I don’t know about the Sheraton at Krabi... it looks nice....Perhaps someone else stayed there and can offer advice.... or tell you about high end resorts at Raleigh. We stayed at a pretty ordinary place at au nang last January... just for the night on the way to Lanta...

Raleigh is absolutely special... the limestone crags and beaches are like nowhere else... definitely worth a few days.... as is Lanta....

I noticed that you also where thinking about Chiang Mai.... long way from Lanta and Krabi... But if you are going in January... it’s the perfect time to visit.. if anything on the cool side.. but compared to Melbourne it will seem perfect....

You mention Elephant treks.. Chiang Mai would be the place to do it....

Take a look at this place in Chiang Mai.... close to the old city and all the attractions....:

http://www.yaangcomevillage.com/

Best of luck with your planning.

Buriram, Thailand
Level Contributor
740 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please with Layana on Koh Lanta

I think 8 days at Layana is better than changing hotels. For me the Sheraton is only worth it if you have Starwood Miles or something similar as this property falls into one of the lower categories! In the high season, everthing in Lanta will be open and the beach at Layana is wonderful, as are the owners Bob and Margie. If you read there website, these two always get a mention!

Melbourne
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please with Layana on Koh Lanta

Thank you both for your suggestions. We decided against Chang Mai because of the distance adn have confined the trip to 4 nights Bangkok, 4 nights Khai Yao National Park at Kirimaya resort, then the Krabi/Koh Lanta conundrum.

4. Re: Help please with Layana on Koh Lanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, August 14, 2009