We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Beach Resort Phi Phi on Long Beach anybody been

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
The Beach Resort Phi Phi on Long Beach anybody been

Hi there,

I have been looking at the beach resort on phi phi at long beach hoping to make a booking for 2 nights . There is only one booking service for this place through Global reservations with not much info or pictures to show you what the rooms are like or any pictures of its restaurant and pool. This hotel does not have a web site either for you to access this info.

Can anyone tell me what the rooms are like here , and also this hotel in general were you happy with your stay here what is the restaurant like and pool area. Also what is long beach like is it a good choice . Are there any other restaurants in this area.

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: The Beach Resort Phi Phi on Long Beach anybody been

The construction will definitely be completed by 2008. They had completed most of the new bungalos already and had already begun work on the new beach bar - they had expected it to be completed in Nov. of this year.

Our room was great, and I don't know what the difference is between the one we had and an upgrade room to be honest. From our perspective the room is where we sleep and shower and that's about it - the rest of the time is spent at the beach or in the lounge area - so an upgrade would be lost on us. If you're going to request a specific room, and don't mind a bit of an uphill walk ask for the new room at the very top of the hill - they view from up there would be fantastic. I also heard that there's a plan to build another pool and restaurant at the top of the hill to accommodate the new rooms.

We were the for 7nights/8days and would have liked to stay longer. We really enjoy the beach, really needed a holiday, and met a lot of people while we were there so the time went by quickly. There are tons of restaurant and bars at the main pier for evening entertainment as well as the movies I mentioned earlier if you're looking for a low key evening. During the day there's excellent snorkelling right out from of the resort, (close to the best on the island), we went deep sea fishing, there's diving, Phi Phi Leh, Monkey and Bamboo Islands, etc. - lots to do depending on your interests.

We did meet some people that were only at Phi Phi for a few days and then went to other beaches to finish out their week. Could be an option for you.

Lemme know if you need more info...

Bovver

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
85 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: The Beach Resort Phi Phi on Long Beach anybody been

Thanks for all the info Bovver.

It looks like this hotel will be a definite on our trip, all we will have to decide now is how long we stay for. The thought of having an idyllic beach right in front of the hotel and then the option of going into the main village on a night for some variation sounds perfect.

It also sounds like there is plenty to do during the day, although there is nothing better than just lazing round the pool or on the beach.

Cheers, Lee.

23. Re: The Beach Resort Phi Phi on Long Beach anybody been

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 21, 2009