We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabi Weather in September?

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Krabi Weather in September?

Hi, My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Thailand in early September. We were so excited and then found out that its rainy season.... would it still be worth going as we really wanted a "beach" sunny holiday! I have also heard that the rain only comes down in short bursts for like half hour everyday and other than that weather is great - is this true? Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Krabi Weather in September?

You could be lucky, you might get plenty of sunny days, it could be a little rain, it could storms, but if you choose to go somewhere in the known rainy season then it has to be expected and that is the risk.

Had you not thought about somewhere else in Thailand instead? Krabi is lovely but to appreciate it you want to travel around and see the area, trip to Phi Phi etc, and best time is December to March.

If it has to be september perhaps think of one of the dirier island areas, Samui, Koh Tao etc.

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Krabi Weather in September?

Hi

Have you checked weather stats on http://www.weatherbase.com ? I did go there in September a few years back and it did rain more or less on a daily basis. But normally it does not rain all day long so we didn't think it was a problem. I wish I could share my trip report with you but apparently it is against the forum rules here on TA :-(

Regards

Gard

13. Re: Krabi Weather in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, October 01, 2009