We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the weather like at the moment?

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What's the weather like at the moment?

Ok, planning a visit to Lanta early June. Just been told by someone that it will be showering all day. I thought it would be an hour or two heavy rain a day.

Anyone live in Krabi? What's the weather like now? Any thoughts on early June? Should we go later? We don't mind a couple of hours of rain a day but can't bear it raining all day every day!

Thanks,

Buriram, Thailand
Level Contributor
741 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the weather like at the moment?

If you're askign about now and you want an honest answer then you'll probably never come here! We're currently having the worst spell I've known with rain every day and every night. It's like living in Manchester in October (sorry to those in Manchester).

I'm told it's being caused by a Typhoon and I hope this is true. In June you really never know and I've given up predicting. Simply, it's the monsoon season and you take a chance coming here.

London
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the weather like at the moment?

Thanks eggchaser.

We have decided to bite the bullet and go. If it rains all the time, guess we'll be visiting the rainforest instead of sunning ourselves!

belgium
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the weather like at the moment?

hi egg chaser

so your report a week ago about very bad weather ,

planning to come in 10 days ,did the rain calm down .are they any weather predictions you can help me with ?

thanks.

Buriram, Thailand
Level Contributor
741 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the weather like at the moment?

Fleur

All has calmed down and it's lovely and sunny and warm again. Come enjoy it whilst it's deserted and looking great.

belgium
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the weather like at the moment?

thanks eggchaser ,

would ytou mind sending me your email adress ,i've got more info to ask and am short of time before my trip .

thanks

brisbane australia
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the weather like at the moment?

Hi Eggchaser,

I am currently planning a trip to Krabi in the first week of august......is it usually pretty dismal or is th wet season like it is in australia's tropical north.........heavy showers ever arfternoon ???

London
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the weather like at the moment?

thanks for the update..great news! see you on the beach next week!! :-)

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the weather like at the moment?

thinking of doing this wkend in railay. can anyone advise on the weather situation right now please? thanks!

Buriram, Thailand
Level Contributor
741 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's the weather like at the moment?

At the moment, I think you'd call it "changable". Some mornings Ok and some afternoons OK, rarely bad all day and often good for most of the day! Hope that helps.

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: What's the weather like at the moment?

thanks. so if i was keen to get at least some sun each day, would you recommend i visit this wkend or not? much appreciated