We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help hotel on phi phi or exclusive resort in paradise

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Help hotel on phi phi or exclusive resort in paradise

Hi hope somebody can help i am staying on krabi at the rayavadee for a week in november think i might have made a mistake and this could be too long with it being isolated.Would like to go to phi phi or anywhere close by to break this week up for a 2 night stop . Ideally i want somewhere beautifull in paradise if that is possible so look forward to your suggestions.Ps we are going on to phuket after this week.

Sydney
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help hotel on phi phi or exclusive resort in paradise

Hi Jenson,

We are going to Krabi/Phi Phi in August. We are going to fly from Bangkok to Phuket and taking the ferry to Phi Phi and staying at Zeavola for 3 nights. Then we are going to Krabi and looking to stay at Nakamanda fo 3 nights and then Rayavadee for 3 nights. All are real close and won't require much travel time. We wanted to be able to see Phi Phi (Maya Bay and Bamboo Island). I think Rayavadee will be the best resort, but it will be good to see different things and all look great. It will be cheaper to not stay at Rayavadee for a week as well. Hope that helps!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help hotel on phi phi or exclusive resort in paradise

The Sairjon in khao lak about 1 1/2 hour north of phuket may be an option for you. it is a new resort and offers villas with private pools etc and is on a nice stretch of beach and is relatviely isolated. Hope this helps

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help hotel on phi phi or exclusive resort in paradise

Zeavola sounds great but looked on web site and it is quite pricey as we have allready paid for the rayavadee we would not get a refund . I was hoping to find accommodation perhaps for £100 per night zeavola for the cheapest room was £175 per night for a 2 night stop when we are paying a fortune for rayavadee is too expensive. Have looked at island village but it sounds like very mixed reviews .Does anybody know if we can hire our own boat to take us which we could hire for perhaps 2 to 3 days instead.

Sydney
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help hotel on phi phi or exclusive resort in paradise

Hi Jenson, we are booking Zeavola through this website - www.krabi-hotels.com/zeavola/rates.htm. The rate might be slightly different b/c you are going in November - but that rate is around $130USD a night.. But, Rayavadee is a fortune and if you have already paid it, and can't get a refund, I would just take a boat trip to Phi Phi island and see the spots - here is a good website I found. http://phiphiadventures.com/ I think Rayavadee will be an amazing resort.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help hotel on phi phi or exclusive resort in paradise

I agree with just taking day trips from Rayavadee, especially if you've already paid for it. If you must spend a night or two on Phi Phi, you might consider "Phi Phi The Beach" resort on Long Beach. It's fairly new, looks rather nice, and is in the price range you mentioned.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help hotel on phi phi or exclusive resort in paradise

LA FadeAway

Thanks for the recomendation for Phi Phi Beach resort on long beach i can only find one site who are selling this resort and can not find this hotels own web page if anyone cantell me what to go on it would be helpfull as i am quite interested in this place .As you say the rates are very reasonable but i would like to find out a bit more of this place before i make a booking.So if any of you out there can give me some more info that would be really helpfull as the only site i found did not tell you much at all about this place or tell you what facilities it has .

thanks

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help hotel on phi phi or exclusive resort in paradise

I have decided to go with the Beach Resort on Long Beach have not found any other info on the place and canonly find it at phi phi .com with online global reservations has anybody ever used this company.

Also if anybody has stayed here can you tell me a bit more about this place like what is the standard of food like here, and can you easily get a longtail boat from here at night if you want to go into the village.

Also final question what is the best way to get to phi phi from the Rayavadee in Railay Krabi we will also be returning here would it be too get the above company to arrange it all with the booking or would we be paying way over the odds. Or go it alone and hope every thing falls into place we are first time visitors and do not know what to expect.

Thanks Again

p.s we are travelling in november

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help hotel on phi phi or exclusive resort in paradise

That site you mentioned is the only one I know of that has information on the place, but people on their forum seem to like it. As far as the ferry goes, the "Ao Nang" princess leaves from Ao Nang each morning and stops by Railay on the way. I'm sure your hotel or another vendor in Railay can sell you the tickets. Should be around 300B pp each way. I would definitely do it that way rather than paying someone else who will probably charge you more and put you on the same boat. I'm not 100% sure about the off-season schedule, so you may want to ask around a bit more about that. Worse case scenario, you'd have to catch a ferry from Krabi town. It's super easy, no matter what you have to do. You'll also need a longtail boat from Tonsai Village to Long Beach onces you get to Phi Phi, but there are people everywhere to sell you that once you get there!

Get answers to your questions about Krabi Town