We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Krabi

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Krabi

Planning my honeymoon in Krabi from Feb 1,2013 for a week's stay. Need some help from you guys in planning the travel and choosing a beach.

Travel:

Reaching Bangkok on 31st Jan. What would be the best way to travel to Krabi? Air, bus? I think Air travel is good since the distance is 750kms. So would save up time. what do you guys think?

Place:

I dont know which beach to stay. I do not have any idea what beach is the best, or should I choose islands, if that's how the geography is all around.

We plan to do 5-6 nights in Krabi and 1 night in Thailand on our way back. So which is the best beach? We would like to be bang on the beach but it shouldn't be too crowded. We completely do not want to put ourselves in isolation as we would like to enjoy the local culture and food. So the town side and local nightlife(if any) should be not 10-15 mins away. If we put ourselves on an island then travel through boats would get cumbersome I believe because of less frequency. We like hiring scooters and riding our way through the place. Hope Krabi's got that.

I've hear about Ao Nang, Raeley Beach and Tubakk beach. Are they completely isolated or have mainland activity involved?

One last help.Me and my fiance have decided to stay 2-3 nights each at 2 different resorts/beaches/islands

If I was to choose 2 different locations to split my stay, just to have a change, how should I be doing it?

Would deeply appreciate any help.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Krabi

bump...

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Krabi

1. Travel by air.

2. Ao Nang is a small, beachside town, not that interesting and doesn't have the best beach, but is a good place to stay for getting tours to islands, Phang Nga Bay etc. Railay Beach is only reachable by long tail boat and there's nothing there except nice scenery and a beach. Tubaak Beach is a bit out of the way and isolated. Have you thought about Koh Lanta or Khao Lak or even the east coast Samui or Koh Phangan would suit very well.

3. Ao Nang and Phi Phi or Koh Samui and Koh Phangan, Khao Lak and Khao Sok.

3. Re: Honeymoon in Krabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, December 14, 2013