We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding planning - help!

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
29 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding planning - help!

We are planning to get married in Thailand (Samui/Krabi/perhaps Phuket)and are thinking of some fairly unusual things for the 'reception'. I am therefore looking for information on sunset cruises and boat charters (for 10-30 people), elephants (is there any of the elephant conservation camps that could provide an elephant and handler for a few minutes - of course it's possible that this could be a little unethical so we'll have to get the info and assess it), and finally I'm also looking for a ladyboys troupe where we could hire some performers for a show of up to 30 minutes. Have seen the Calypso Cabaret in BKK, which is brilliant, so any troupes of comparable standard would be fantastic. Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding planning - help!

Sounds like you have something truely fabulous in mind.

If you get a chance contact Jessica at Samui weddings - she is on the ground and able to source just about anything you could want and as she is able to source from locals it makes it very reasonably priced

jessica@samui-weddings.com

I have found her soo helpful.

UK
Level Contributor
923 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding planning - help!

Hi sand - we are getting married in Ko Samui this summer so I know about resources available in Samui. What time of year are you going? That might affect your choice of whether to head to the Gulf Coast (Samui) or the Andaman coast (Phuket, Krabi).

On Samui, you can charter a lovely catamaran from this company:

http://www.kiaorathailand.com/Default.htm

This wedding planning company (Faraway) also can organise a wedding/reception on a boat as well as a number of other non-resort destinations:

http://www.weddingsinthailand.com/

We are getting married at Rocky Resort but have dealt with the above company, Faraway, and have booked some things through them and found them helpful. We dealt with Metta there. I think the details of the boat package are not on the internet yet but I would suggest emailing Metta with your ideas and see what she comes up with. There are definitely ladyboy troupes based in Chaweng so I think that could probably be organised.

Re. elephants, there is an elephant camp on Samui but it is not an elephant conservation camp in the same vein as the Elephant Nature Park or the Elephant Conservation Camp, both of which are nr Chiang Mai. It is a more tourist orientated one than conservation/ethically minded one.

I have seen photos of a wedding at Coral Bay where an elephant was used - the bride arrived on it. Quite how she climbed up there in her lovely dress I am not sure :)

Hope this helps,

BB