We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Know any good places to stay in Krabi and koh lanta?

London, United...
Level Contributor
319 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
Know any good places to stay in Krabi and koh lanta?

My girlfriend and I have a trip planned at the end of the month and have 6 nights penciled in for Koh Lanta. Does anyone know the best places to stay on Long Beach on Koh Lanta and what there is to do there in the way of sight seeing,shopping and activities. Is Long beach a good call or is there a better area?

We also have 2 nights in Krabi. What is AO Nang beach like? where is a good place to stay?

London
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Know any good places to stay in Krabi and koh lanta?

we just spent a couple of nights at krabi forest resort, in Ao Nang, it is good, clean and basic with breakfast brought to you on your verandah in the morning, 1000 thai baht per night, with air con, fridge and tv. it is a good base and is in walking distance of both beaches where you can access the islands by longtail boats, and also shops and restaurants, although i don't have a number for them as Elizabeth from www.krabi-island-tours.com booked it for us, whom i can highly reccomend for day trips or overnights in the national park.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Know any good places to stay in Krabi and koh lanta?

What is AO Nang beach like? where is a good place to stay?

My favourite accomodation for Krabi is the Somkiet Buri resort, about 150m walk to the beach but a gorgeous setting and very quiet.

IMHO the beach at Ao Nang is decidedly inferior to the best beaches nearby (in Railey and on the islands just off shore both of which require a ride in a Longtail boat to access.)

UK
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Know any good places to stay in Krabi and koh lanta?

Which islands just off shore. We're loking for idillic location so may be just what we're after?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Know any good places to stay in Krabi and koh lanta?

The "big" islands along Krabi's coast are Hong, Poda, Si Boya, Jum, Lunta Noi and Lunta Yai (Phi Phi is further off shore). There are reportedly 83 small islands of varying sizes often referred to by western names like Chicken Island. I still haven't been able to match up the western and proper names. Suffice to say that the small island group nearest Ao Nang Beach, of which \

Chicken Island is one, boast beautiful beaches, and have some amenities (food/drink/washrooms) and are about 20-45 minutes by boat from Ao Nang beach depending on the seas.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Know any good places to stay in Krabi and koh lanta?

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of a short holiday with my girlfriend in Krabi. Up to now my favourite hotel is Somkiet Buri.

Can someone tell me if it is a good place for young couples? ( or maybe more used by families with kids? )

I read that it is a muslim-hotel and that they sell no alcohol there? Is that right?

[ I don't want to drink all the time, but a cocktail in the evening won't be too bad :o) ]

thanks for your help.

regards,

Stefan

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Know any good places to stay in Krabi and koh lanta?

Stefan,

We stayed at the Somkiet Buri as a young couple and found it is to be among the very best in Thailand for economy and ambience. It is run by a muslim family who we found very gracious and accomodating. Quite honestly, I can't remember if they served alcohol there though there was definitely a bar and drink menu so I think you can obtain alcohol there; when we were there it was definitely more couples oriented though there were some couples with young children. It is southern Thailand so everyone was very hard working but laid back and relaxed as well.

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Know any good places to stay in Krabi and koh lanta?

Hello

i spent 6 nights on long beach, ko lanta, in march so may be able to help a bit ...

Regarding where to stay - depends on your budget. Long Beach has everything from extremely basic huts to some nice-looking resort-type hotels. We stayed at the Nakara, in the middle of long beach, which was about 1500b a night which included bfast, own bathroom, aircon, was beachfront. There was a pool too, & it was in the middle of the beach. Quite basic, but very clean, I'd stay there again.

As its name would suggest - Long beach is quite long!!! Most of the bars / restaurants are at the northern end - it's a very chilled out place but there are some great places to eat/drink. Check out Coffee Asylum - a little place that does great (proper!) coffee & excellent breakfasts. Bring a book & they'll let you swap for one of theirs.

Not really any shopping on Long Beach but you can get a taxi to Ban Saladan (10 mins, about 50 baht) where they have some shops & some great local restaurants over the water.

Not much sightseeing on Long Beach but all hotels will be able to arrange day trips to other islands, snorkelling/dive sites, or trips to the interior of the island.

We loved it on ko lanta, if you're after a totally chilled out time it's spot on.

Hope that helps!

khanom thailand
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Know any good places to stay in Krabi and koh lanta?

I will recomend you to stay at Mook Lanta Resort at south end of long beach. It's very nice and new resort they charge only 1200 baht/night room with air condition/hot shower

cable t.v.and only 30 meters walk to beach and also included american breakfast.you will feel like your home because most of staffs very nice and resort is just open only 4 months you can see there picture at www.mooklanta.com.

Rob

New Zealand
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Know any good places to stay in Krabi and koh lanta?

I would recomend Lanta Casuarina on Long beach which is a nice middle range hotel absolute beach front with an infinity pool. We stayed in a beach front bungalow in October. Value for money we thought this place was great. There did not seem to be any more bungalows directly beach front except for the flasher Layana Resort. If we returned we would go back here. Lanta is not a place to shop but a great place for sightseeing. It is such a small island that the best way to get around is by renting a scooter 250 baht a day. it was great fun as the roads are so quiet. There are not many activites maybe you could walk to the waterfall or go caving. Long beach was great for a morning walk. at night we would stay in the pool and watch the sunset over Phi Phi which you could see in the distance. From memory we paid 2000 baht a night which we booked through sawadee. Food was average. Most nights we chose places along the beach to eat at or along the road. Make sure you visit the old main town on the east coast. We also did a day snorkling trip out to some islands (ngai, mok etc) which was great. Happy to answer any questions you have.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Know any good places to stay in Krabi and koh lanta?

Dear all, thanks for your replies, nice that so many people want to help.

Finally, we will stay at the Emerald Resort. Seems to be a very good place for young people and price is okay as well I think.

Thanks to all...