We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hoteltravel.com

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jakarta
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
hoteltravel.com

hi!

i'm wondering if anyone has book any hotels through http://www.hoteltravel.com/ recently?

how's their services / creditability?

thank you

Phuket
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hoteltravel.com

Dear Lucytbs,

My name is Robin O’List, and I work at HotelTravel.com as Social Media Executive. I came across your question this morning, and with your permission, I would like to offer some feedback, if I may.

Indeed, HotelTravel.com is a credible company which focuses on customer care, and it has been so since 1999. It is hard to imagine that the company would still be in existence, if it did not deliver what customers expect, and lived up to its promises.

We employ over 300 staff and operate in 10 languages, 24/7. We use the most advanced encryption technology to provide a secure environment for our customers to purchase hotel products online. Two of those key technologies are, Trustware and VeriSign.

In addition, HotelTravel.com is an active member of several highly reputable worldwide travel industry associations such as:

- International Air Transport Association (IATA) / membership number: #96-6 2679 5

- Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) / membership number: #2123

- Japan Association of Travel Agents (JATA) / membership number: #42776

- Hotel Electronic Distribution Network Association (HEDNA) / membership number: #9630-0

- American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) / membership number: #900148470

- Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) / membership number: #34/00278

I would be happy to share with you some links and resources that will demonstrate how credible HotelTravel is; however, I do not wish TripAdvisor’s moderators to think we are attempting to spam this forum, which is not the case at all. Therefore, should you want to receive such links, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at:

robin.o_AT_HotelTravel_DOT_com

(please replace the ‘_AT_’ and the ‘_DOT_’ with their obvious replacements – this is done to avoid internet crawlers from taking and spamming my email address).

Wishing you well and I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers.

Robin O’List

Social Media Executive

HotelTravel com

Real People | Real Service | Real Choice

Edited: 4:52 pm, May 02, 2012
NSW Australia
Level Contributor
694 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hoteltravel.com

We have used hoteltravel.com several times and have been very happy with them. The booking charge is only taken from your credit card just prior to your arrival so no immediate funds withdrawal as is the case on other some other sites.

They are included in my regular sites to check prices of hotels and often have the best price.

3. Re: hoteltravel.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:52 pm, May 02, 2012
Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hoteltravel.com

I used hoteltravel.com to book the Hilton Pattaya in May.

I was skeptical at first because (on this hotel) they were 20% cheaper than any of the usual suspects including booking direct with Hilton.

Some minor points about the booking to be aware of;

1. The initial booking page boasted instant confirmation, this wasn't the case.

2. Once payment was made online, the page advised that someone had been assigned to take care of the booking and that an email of confirmation would be sent within 20 minutes, it wasn't.

3. The booking was charged in US$, at a time when the AU$ was at parity, by the time it appeared on my credit card statement, it was 5% more.

4. When the confirmation email came through I sweated slightly when I saw one of the "further assistance" contacts was in Greece (the other in Phuket).

In all fairness though, the confirmation email only took about 90 minutes, and as I said earlier the rate STILL worked out to be almost 20% cheaper than available elsewhere (for this particular hotel), I know because I looked everywhere for a similar deal so I wouldn't have to risk dealing with an unknown (to me) online agency.

So for he record I have had a successful and pretty seamless transaction with hoteltravel.com

NSW Australia
Level Contributor
694 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hoteltravel.com

Pleased all worked out okay for you - we certainly have always been happy with hoteltravel - some of our bookings did get instant confirmation but I think that depends on the actual hotel.

We are in Thailand at the moment, pleased I have paid upfront for all our bookings as I would have been very nervous about the drop in our dollar and that additional cost.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hoteltravel.com

I have used hoteltravel.com several times since 2005 for hotel bookings throughout Asia and I've never encountered a problem. My experiences with them have been very positive.

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hoteltravel.com

Back in Bangkok at the moment myself, and of all accommodation the only hotel they were cheaper on (that I was interested in) was the Hilton. So as we always tell others there's money to be saved by shopping around and comparing.

Barkem it was your earlier comment on this thread that pushed me over the edge to try them, which is why I felt compelled to pop in and add my own experience. Glad to see FP has also added his voice to the confidence factor in hoteltravel.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hoteltravel.com

I booked through Hotel.travel.com earlier this year and am not going until July but funds came out of my card immediately so now am very worried

NSW Australia
Level Contributor
694 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hoteltravel.com

Could depend on the deal - I still would be confident that all will be okay with them. To alleviate any worry on your part, email the hotel direct and check they have received your booking - I often do that with all the different booking sites. I usually ask for a high floor or some specific request and have always found the hotels reply and my requests are usually looked after,

10. Re: hoteltravel.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 30, 2014