We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prices to move from the central

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
110 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
prices to move from the central

we are thinking of moving from the central hotel, as we are due to travel in less than a week.

was any compensation offered or reduced rates at the other hotel offered.

many thanks

NW England
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: prices to move from the central

Topcat,

The offer I received on arrival was 2000bht per night against spend at the hotel, plus 2 free spars to remain at the hotel, or the opportunity to transfer to an alternative hotel. Based on the statement provided by the hotel at check-in and the info I had from the internet at the time (all positive and the work would be non-intrusive), my wife and I did not hesitate to stay

I had booked to stay for 14 nights but only stayed for 7 before moving to the Nakamanda due to the intrusive noise, I understand the Nakamanda is a slightly more expensive hotel. The hotels dealt with addressing any issues with different room rates and (quite rightly) did not involve me.

I was not offered any compensation for the move to the new hotel, but after discussions with the manager received an offer of 5 (not 7) nights free accommodation at the CKBR to be taken before Jan 07, in recognition of the disruption to my holiday during the prev 7 days. I am not sure I will take this up as the damage has been done regarding my ability to enjoy a future holiday at this hotel. I am convinced all the problems will be behind the hotel if I were to return in 12 months, but I feel I would spend time comparing the hotel with the way it was and have a mind set which would prevent me from enjoying the stay as one would normally expect in a hotel of this class. I am taking up the matter with my travel agent as my contract is with them and not the CKBR.

Not sure whether my signing the agreement to the hotel's offers while I was at CKBR will have any impact on my claims with my travel company, but suggest anyone else think carefully before signing.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
823 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prices to move from the central

What are "2 free spars"??? I'm not familiar with that term. I think I'd have to take them up on the five free nights. I never turn down a free vacation :)