We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tubkaak

southampton, england
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
tubkaak

hi, really want some quick advice on the tubkaak resort in krabi. my bf and i are travelling to Bangkok on 1st May staying at holiday iinn on siam sqaure (what is it like) and then onto Tubkaak. There seems to be good comments from what i've read, but not as many reviews as the rayaveedee etc. Whats the weather like early may? looking to book this tomorrow!

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Buriram, Thailand
Level Contributor
741 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tubkaak

Early May the weather should be really warm. Tubkaak resort has some of the best rooms around and for peace and tranquility it's hard to beat. If there is a downside, it has to be the location; it's very much a "get away from it all" place although you can always take a taxi or drive the 15 kms into Ao Nang. Rayavadee has the bars at Railay for evening entertainment, but by May many of these will have closed for the season.

Mentioned in this post
Rayavadee Resort
Rayavadee Resort
2,022 Reviews
Railay Beach, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
Krabi Town, Thailand
WALES UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tubkaak

I travelled to Phuket in May three years ago. Apparently, they share the same climate / rainfall. May is supposed to be the start of their wet season, but we saw little sign of this. The weather was hot, and I only recall one heavy rain shower. The dark clouds gave plenty of warning and it cleared as fast as it came. I enjoyed the fact that May is slightly out of season as restaurants an tourist trips were less busy. Bangkok seemed to be wetter (but just as hot).

We are travelling to Krabi in six weeks and are currently booked into the Sheraton. Having recently read reviews of the Tubkaak, I am now in the process of trying to change our accomodation. I have stayed in boutique hotels in both Langkawi and Trang, and the Tubkaak reminds me of those hotels. I think you're a lucky person to be staying there and you should have a wonderful time.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Trang
Trang
Trang Province, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tubkaak

If it is not too late to reply and you have already booked I would highly recommend the Tubkaak, one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Only 40 rooms and we had a deluxe with an outside lounge underneath and an outside bathroom.

We had originally booked the Sheraton, stayed one night and found the Tubkaak, we stayed for 12 nights over Xmas and New Year so it was very expensive. You will find it much cheaper in May.

The staff are fantastic and still keep in touch with us now. We were due to stay again when the Tsunami hit so had to change our plans and flew from Bangkok to Singapore instead, although the Tubkaak was not affected we felt it would not be a good idea to take our daughter to that area.

The hotel was fully booked yet we had the Swimming pool to ourselves most days. The beach is the best you will ever see in Thailand (just our opinion) the location is fine, the hotel will drop you in Ao Nang for a small fee anyway and it is only about 20 minutes away.

Cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Krabi. Just need to save up as we go at Xmas and really pay a premium.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
southampton, england
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: tubkaak

thanks to all for your replys. Happy to say, we are booked and i am already counting the weeks down! En gland is very wet and cold at the moment! Eggchaser, you mentioned getting a txi to railey beach for more choice with bars etc. Is it easy to get from resort? How long and how much if we wanted to explore? How about shopping etc ? My bf really wants to visity Phi Phi and find the lagoon where the beach was filmed(tacky i know) ! Sorry for all the questions, but really looking forward to going away! thanks

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
937 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand