We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ipoh, Malaysia to Krabi, Thailand, what is the best way to...

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ipoh, Malaysia to Krabi, Thailand, what is the best way to...

A friend and I will be in Ipoh in May for our school practicum. After it is over we are wanting to travel to Krabi. What is the best/fastest way to get from Ipoh Malaysia to Krabi Thailand? Does anyone know what airlines would fly this route?

Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ipoh, Malaysia to Krabi, Thailand, what is the best way to...

hi, i'm from ipoh and hope this helps.

no direct flights from ipoh to krabi but you can fly from kuala lumpur to phuket. then make your way onland to krabi. a little more than 100km.

check out www.airasia.com (a no frills airline malaysian base)

which school will you be attached to in ipoh?

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ipoh, Malaysia to Krabi, Thailand, what is the best way to...

I am not sure where we are going to be yet, as our teacher here in charge hasn't told us much. We will be working for an agency, dealing with people who have a disability.

Since you are from Ipoh, what is it like there? What sorts of things are there to do on our days off, from our practicum? Are things expensive? Anything to watch out for?

Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ipoh, Malaysia to Krabi, Thailand, what is the best way to...

i am an educator teaching in a secondary school in ipoh. you can write to me directly if you want to. cyymah@yahoo.com

weather is hot and humid here.

ipoh is a slow city. not much of a tourist spot. it's most interesting highlight are the limestone caves around it. you can visit cave temples, crawl in underground cave rivers... during weekends too you can go outskirts.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ipoh, Malaysia to Krabi, Thailand, what is the best way to...

Thanks. It will definately be a change from life here in Canada.