We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

domestic flights between Bangkok and Krabi

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
domestic flights between Bangkok and Krabi

Is there anyone who knows if it is

possible to fly with (or will be in february 2006) another company then Thai Airways?

Thank You!

/ S

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
690 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: domestic flights between Bangkok and Krabi

I believe that currently they are the only carrier on this route.

We recently did this, they were ok fairly cheap, nothing to write home about.... would use them for a short hop again though.

Asha

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: domestic flights between Bangkok and Krabi

At the moment it's only Thai. There are budget carriers into Phuket and then it's a few hours by road so that is the only other option, Thai Air asia, Nok Air and One-2-Go are budget airlines into Phuket Airport.

London
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: domestic flights between Bangkok and Krabi

I think Bangkok airways used to fly there but don't anymore (maybe demand went down post tsunami? don't know for sure).

Thai Airways are the only airline to go there right now. Depending where your end destination is, maybe you could go to Phuket instead which is a very competitive route. Thai wasn't that expensive though.

Or you could get the overnight train?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: domestic flights between Bangkok and Krabi

For information on flights, check the discussions on the following link, check the airline schedules, and repost if you have any additional queries:

tripadvisor.com/…1482355

or go to Thai Airways at:

thaiair.com/About_Thai/…Destinations.htm

But for even more information on travel options, see this site:

railay.com/railay/intro/getting_there.shtml

Note that Bangkok Airways still shows the Bangkok to Krabi route as not presently active but planned in future (though they do fly to Phuket):

http://www.bangkokair.com/routemap/

Note that the same is true for Phuket Air:

www.phuketairlines.com/schedule/routemap.asp

Note that the closest Air Asia flies is Bangkok to Phuket:

www.airasia.com/general.php?p=pmain&l=en

The same holds true for Orient Air:

http://www.fly12go.com/en/main.shtml

And the same is true for Silk Air (the local carrier for Singapore Airlines):

http://www.silkair.com/mbe/application/mbe

So your alternate choice is to fly to Phuket and then go by taxi to Krabi, though your travel agent may be able to assist further.

All of this may change if Krabi Airport becomes the alternate for Phuket while Phuket airport undergoes a major make-over but I haven't been able to ascertain when or if that will happen.

Buriram, Thailand
Level Contributor
741 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: domestic flights between Bangkok and Krabi

There is still a lot of talk about Air Asia and one-2-go but nothing real as yet. You either have to pay the money and use Thai Airways, or take the cheaper option via Phuket, extending the journey time by 3 hours plus the famous low carrier delays!!! Me, it'd just pay the money (around B3000) and make my life easy.

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: domestic flights between Bangkok and Krabi

@ EggChaser:

Where can you find a flight for 3000 Baht? I was searching the net (a lot!) and the cheapest flight I could find from BKK to Krabi is 132 US $ for the return ticket.

Is 3000 Baht what I should expect to pay when booking through a local travel agent in BKK? Then I'll certainly wait and try to book my tickets while in Bangkok for 2 days.

London
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: domestic flights between Bangkok and Krabi

I think 3000bht must been talking about the difference between cost to Phuket and cost to Krabi? You won't be finding a flight for that sort of price in Bangkok.

Thai Airways website is normally quite close to what you'd get at an agent in Bangkok and sometimes they have web promos. Also if you're going to a few places, it's worth looking at the multi-centre tickets.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: domestic flights between Bangkok and Krabi

Thanks for all the answers!

I made the booking last night with Thai Air.

Total price for 4 adults and 1 child = 14265 baht. It is a bit expensive if you compare with other companies but time is valuable to.

just can´t wait....

/Kattis

Buriram, Thailand
Level Contributor
741 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: domestic flights between Bangkok and Krabi

THB3000 was one way, not return!!!! Sorry for any confusion!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: domestic flights between Bangkok and Krabi

I booked flights on the internet from bangkok to krabi with airasia.com and got one way flights for me and by boyfriend for 18 euro each

Get answers to your questions about Krabi Town