We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We have booked Rayavadee for our honeymoon but..........

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
We have booked Rayavadee for our honeymoon but..........

we are concerned after reading a few posts on here that it is not well maintained, the food is awful and that it is overpriced.

We are really concerned about this as with it being our honeymoon we want something special.

Can someone please advise on this as we are looking at cancelling.

Thanks

Buriram, Thailand
Level Contributor
741 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We have booked Rayavadee for our honeymoon but..........

I wouldn't be too concerned about the Rayawadee. Last time I looked (about 2 weeks ago) it was in great condition. The restaurants are a little expensive by Thai standards, but still less than half the price you would pay in the UK! Once you're there, there are plenty of other hotels with good restaurants as well as the regular bars and restaurants outside the resort.

I wouldn't cancel if I were you. I think it will me a memorable honeymoon.

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
693 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We have booked Rayavadee for our honeymoon but..........

Faraway

If you can possibly wait until then end of November b4 you cancel i will be at the Rayavadee for 5 nights the week after next

Post your main concerns here and i will try my best to check them out, does that help?

I am off to Thailnd this Saturday so if you can post before then.

I had some frears too, but i have wanted to go for so long i decided to stick with my booking. Obviously time will tell if i am right but the 6 page spread in Conde Nast this month allayed my fears some what......

Asha

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: We have booked Rayavadee for our honeymoon but..........

Hi Asha,

My main concerns are food and standard of accomodation. As you know, it's not cheap to stay there and I suppose what I really want to know is whether or not it is worth the money, is it a luxurious resort and is it an ideal place for a honeymoon?

We are going to Koh Samui first and we have been to Bangkok, Phuket and Phi Phi before and had a wonderful time.

If you can post a review when you get back I would love to hear what you thoughts were. If you do any good trips/eat in any nice places while you're there that you think are worth doing/going to please advise on your return

Many thanks

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
125 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We have booked Rayavadee for our honeymoon but..........

The Rayavadee is super, it has been renovated after the Tsunami, it had to be. Lovely place on a stunning beach in lovely Railay....one of my favourite places. My only gripe would be that the food looks better than it tastes ...presentaion above taste I would guess. Don't let that put you off the food is fine but could be better and if you dont think so try some of the local eating places. The Rayavadee it is really a nice place to be, super location and unique.

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
693 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We have booked Rayavadee for our honeymoon but..........

Faraway

Are you still interested in reviews of this hotel? we just got back

Asha

uk
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: We have booked Rayavadee for our honeymoon but..........

Hi Asha

How was your holiday?? Details on all destinations pls - I'm off this weekend. Can you recommend any good place in bkk, cm/koh lanta? - pls email me mrskomal@hotmail.com

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We have booked Rayavadee for our honeymoon but..........

Hi Asha, I've been following this thread too and would really like to hear about your experiences/trips etc in Railey area of Krabi.We plan to visit next August not staying at Rayavadee this time though!

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
427 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We have booked Rayavadee for our honeymoon but..........

Hi Asha:

I will stay at Rayavadee in Jan2006, so would love to hear your comments. thanks very much.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: We have booked Rayavadee for our honeymoon but..........

Hi Asha,

I have been logging in most days to see if you were back with a review.

yes I would love to hear all your thoughts and opinions. Tell me all

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
693 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We have booked Rayavadee for our honeymoon but..........

Hello ALL

Am sooooo sorry i have not gotten back to you sooner. I have been completely snowed under since we got back and not had the chance to give this the attention it deserved.

Ok my opinion on the Rayavadee...

Airport service both ways is exceptional and the speed boat arrival is something else. The Rayavadee is the MOST stunning resort i have ever been too. The lobby itself is breathtaking and then they take you to your Pavilion oh my it was AMAZING we were right by Railay pool so PERFECT location. The staff are all devine and the boutique will cost you a fortune because some kind soul has scoured Thailand for all the most exqusite things you will want and never knew how you managed without them in you life....

However i'm afraid i have to concur with other reviews the food is simply not up to scratch(5* hotel 3* food) its not that its in-edible it's just not up to standard of everything else in this incredible resort. Its such a shame because everything thing else is so great. We just felt it was VERY expensive for simply average food.....

However there are a handfull of beach bars etc you could go too. (unfortunatly we were sick whilst at the R for a few days so didnt really get chance to check them all out)

The Rayavadee also doesnt have a late night bar, so it does make for a very very quite holiday. Both beach bars close by 8pm so again a slight dissapointment. All in all if they improved the food and maybe opened a bar in the lobby (there may be one but it wasn't open when we were there) we would go back in a heart beat. Krabi is simply stunning and the Rayavadee staff are the BEST we have ever come across.......

For the person that asked about places to go in BKK go to Face restuarant simply AMAZING (www.facebars.com) print off the map on the website. We went to the Thai restuarant here on our first night (they have a thai and Indian) BRILLIANT. We also went to the sky bar at the top of the state towers. WE LOVED THIS BAR it is very expensive for Champagne cocktails but everything else is ok it is SO WORTH IT THOUGH.

Any other questions please ask i will try to check tmwr or over the weekend.

Asha