We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Playa Resort or AoNang Vila

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
98 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
La Playa Resort or AoNang Vila

Hi

My husband and I are travelling to Krabi in may 2009. At the moment I am considering the above resorts.

I would love to hear a 'true story' from anyone who is familiar with both resorts and learn a little more about them and which would be the better one to stay at.

On other matter, is there any cheap tour package that anyone could recommend? Honestly, i've no idea about Krabi. This is my first trip and i'm sooo excited!!

Cheers

Saltburn
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Playa Resort or AoNang Vila

We are staying at Ao nang villa in April Blondie posts a good review. Can recommend andamancampandcruise.com for your tours, don't think they're the cheapest but are fantastic. Four weeks today for me, love Krabi!

Durham
Level Contributor
359 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Playa Resort or AoNang Vila

La Playa has a superb pool area,very large indeed, some rooms with pool access. Only about a 5min stroll to the beach.

Breakfast buffet is one of the best but cant comment on evening meals.

The rooms may be a little jaded but overall a really relaxed place, friendly staff, and good value.

london
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Playa Resort or AoNang Vila

hi

stayed here in jan not one of the best places i have stayed breakfast ok ,but the hotel is very over priced i had a room service plate left out side the room for days until i moved it myself 3 star at the most

chelsea mark

london
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Playa Resort or AoNang Vila

sorry suee

it was the la playa resort we stayed in

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
403 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: La Playa Resort or AoNang Vila

Just back from a recent stay at La Playa, it is definately overpriced, but so is Aonang Villa. I would only stay in La Playas pool access rooms, there are only 5 but they make a huge difference. If I couldn't get one of them I would stay at Golden Beach Resort which is next door to Aonang Villa and probably the best location in Aonang. La Playa is down the other end of the beach but closer to the nicer restaurants.

Watanobbi, Australia
Level Contributor
473 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Playa Resort or AoNang Vila

Hi,

We stayed at AoNang Villa in Jan 09 & loved it so much.

I have posted a review with photos if you care to have a look or you can send me a message if you have any other questions about it.

The Golden Beach Resort next door was having renovations done the time we were there so don't know when they will be finished but it didn't look as nice.

You'll love Krabi it is so beautiful & there are lots of things to do.

Have a great holiday.

Jacqui

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
98 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Playa Resort or AoNang Vila

Hi all,

Due to over price at La Playa Resort, I will go ahead with Aonang Villa. Really hope that my stay at Aonang Villa in May 2009 will be a memorable one! Hopefully they still have a room from me. :-)

Thanks for all your comments. Appreciate it.

Cheers!

8. Re: La Playa Resort or AoNang Vila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 22, 2009