We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best way to get to Krabi from Phuket?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
13 reviews
What is the best way to get to Krabi from Phuket?

Is it ferry? (i read somewhere it takes 3 hrs which is a little long)

or car? and how much approx would we be looking at to hire a driver to get there?

Many thanks,

Izzy

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
52 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: What is the best way to get to Krabi from Phuket?

Car/van. Inexpensive.

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
403 posts
2. Re: What is the best way to get to Krabi from Phuket?

Average private driver 3000bht. For a cheaper rate you could hire a car at Phuket airport and drop it off at Krabi airport.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
165 reviews
3. Re: What is the best way to get to Krabi from Phuket?

Hi Izzy,

We have done three trips to Ao Nang (Krabi) once by ferry, shared minivan & drove ourselves.

Depending on what time of year you are going depends on the ferry ride as the water could be rough & believe me being in that ferry when the water was rough wasn't pretty.

By shared van we just went to a local tour desk when in Phuket (Kata) & arranged our pick up two days before we were heading over... very easy to arrange.

When we drove ourselves we were able to stop off when we wanted.

The scenery by road in my opinion is better than the ferry. What ever you do enjoy your holiday. CJ

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: What is the best way to get to Krabi from Phuket?

Thanks all.

On our way to Phi Phi last year it was very rough in June but on the way back we were on a huge cruiser so it was better. And i remember we did wait over an hour for everyone to board to the boat so it was very long!

We will be in Krabi towards end of April.

So this time we will definitely go by car. But we would need to have a driver.

How much is the cost of a shared mini van from phuket to krabi?

Cheers,

Izzy

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
165 reviews
5. Re: What is the best way to get to Krabi from Phuket?

Hi Izzy,

We did th shared van October 2005.. so I have racked my brain & from memory we paid 1000baht for two of us which i might add was only a one way trip.

We were dropped off in Krabi town & then had to wait at a travel shop for the van from the Ao Nang Villa to collect us. This wasn't told to us when we booked in Kata but it wasn't a problem for us.

For the latest price can I suggest you PM, Stevenl, RingO or Kata Noi maybe they wouldn't mind asking at one of the local travel shops on a price for you. CJ

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: What is the best way to get to Krabi from Phuket?

Thanks very CJ! i want to get an idea of how much as 3000 baht is a bit much for private transfer to krabi. I think we will just see when we get there, whether we will go private or shared!

Cheers,

Izzy

australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: What is the best way to get to Krabi from Phuket?

Hi izzy-melbourne,

In July last year we did that same trip by van - we had arranged prior to arrival to have the driver meet us at the Airport and he very efficiently took us to Krabi.

He is Chay and his email address is

chaypatong@hotmail.com He is very efficent at replying to emails. We found him to be a very safe driver, a lovely person and the whole trip was very enjoyable. His price is also very reasonable.. Much better than ferry or bus.

Regards

Jo

Perth WA

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: What is the best way to get to Krabi from Phuket?

hello if you're on a budget, you could follow this route.

took a taxi from phuket airport and asked the driver to stop us at "the bus stop outside the airport to krabi". cost us just 120baht for the 10 minute ride.

and the air-con bus to krabi was about 140baht per person and the journey takes around 3 hours.

9. Re: What is the best way to get to Krabi from Phuket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 17, 2009