We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Beach, Aonang Princeville or Aonang Villa??????

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Beach, Aonang Princeville or Aonang Villa??????

After much searching, I am keen to stay at the south end of Ao Nang in June but have become so confused about where to stay. We are booked into Krabi resort, but the more I've searched for info about Krabi, the more I think I would prefer the other end of the beach.

Thanks for any thoughts, Lee

Watanobbi, Australia
Level Contributor
473 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Beach, Aonang Princeville or Aonang Villa??????

Hi Lee,

We have just returned from staying at the Aonang Villa Resort for 5 nights & wanted to let you know how good it is.

The resort is in a great spot overlooking the beach & right next to all the shops & restaurants.

It is quite large with lovely grounds & the two swimming pools were were just great & we had no problem getting a sunbed even in the high season.

The resort has just had renovations done, a new spa, restaurant & bar have been added & some of the rooms ( not quite sure how many) have been renovated.

We were lucky enough to get a renovated room which was really nice on the ground floor at the front of the resort overlooking the pool & some water views, (the 2nd or 3rd floors would have had great water views). Everything in our room was new including a large flat screen tv mounted on the wall. If you want one of these rooms they are in building 7 just ask I'm sure in June there will be plenty available.

The staff were really friendly & helpful, everyone you walked past always smiled & said hello & whenever we wanted anything it was attended to immediately.

Oh & the massages at the resort were the same price as the ones on the beach which was a welcome surprise.

Hope this helps you.

Happy planning.

Jacqui

Perth
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Beach, Aonang Princeville or Aonang Villa??????

Hi Lee,

Have you had a look at Amandari Krabi Resort?

Cheers,

Stewie.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Beach, Aonang Princeville or Aonang Villa??????

Hi Stewie, had a look at Amandari (and Aree Tara, Buri Tara, Ananta Burin, Aonang Buri, Sala Talay and Cha Wan) and although appealing as some of them are, I still decided I'd prefer somewhere a little closer. Still looking.

Lee

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Beach, Aonang Princeville or Aonang Villa??????

We were in Krabi last November and stayed at La Playa at the northern end near Krabi Resort. I wouldn't stay at Krabi resort after walking through it, it doesn't really matter what end of the beach you stay on as its not very long anyway.

We had a look at Aonang Villa and wern't all that impressed even though its had renos its still a bit dated, as is Golden Beach, but for value for money and location I would choose Golden Beach over all.

Coffs

5. Re: Golden Beach, Aonang Princeville or Aonang Villa??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 pm, October 18, 2009