We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

krabi la playa what shall we do

england
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
krabi la playa what shall we do

Staying at this hotel in November and have been informed by travel agent renovations taking place and noise disruption.

I have asked to be moved to another hotel but they are saying only have higher grade and we will have to pay more money.

Not sure if they can do this and now dont know what to do whether to take a chance or pay more.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: krabi la playa what shall we do

Hello,

What company have you used to book your hotel or package? I have just had the same problem myself but my travel agent offered with no hesitation to book me into another hotel of my choice. There was no extra cost involved.It is quite possible that there is only higher grade left. As it is you who are asking to change hotel they are in their rights to ask for the difference. The only time that they foot the differnce is if they have to move you.I would look into how bad the renovation work will be and what is actually being done.I would not want to go to a hotel with any kind of building work which is why i changed from the Ao Nang Villa which is having the same problem. I was not prepared to take a chance allthough i did think about it.

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
england
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: krabi la playa what shall we do

we booked hayes and jarvis but via first choice travel shop.

They are saying renovations to rooms and balconys with work being carried out between 8am -5pm every day. To be quite honest i dont want to take a chance on how disruptive it is.

I am still waiting for them to come back to me with another hotel and if there is an extra cost and have been waiting for this information for 4 days now.

If the only hotel they can find is a higher grade surely they should pay the difference.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: krabi la playa what shall we do

i understand a problem. I booked a hotel for my friends in November but found many hotels around Aoanag area are under renovation as well

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: krabi la playa what shall we do

Hello Rodvic99,

HayeS & Jarvis state in their booking conditions

Resort Development.

" From time to time,building work and its aassociated noise is unaviodable in a resort. We have no control over building works arising from a resorts growth in popularity and we are unable to anticipate the speed , or the extent to which such development may occur. If we learn of specific developments at , or close to your accommodation which are likely to affect the enjoyment of your holiday, then we will do our best to contact you before departure."

I understand your frustration in regard to your holiday . I usually find high street travel agents never make your holiday a priority in dealing with issues. There is nothing to stop you from ringing Hayes & Jarvis direct you do not have to go through the travel agent they should be able to tell you over the telephone what hotels are available and the price difference. Then go back to your travel agent.

If Hayes & Jarvis were to say you could no longer go to this hotel then they would have to foot the difference and pay the higher grade. This is not the case as they are saying you can still go but we are just informing you of building work.So i am afraid they are within their rights to ask you for the difference.

I would also check that there would be no ammendment fee for changing hotels on top. If there is ask for this to be waived .

I did once go to a hotel with building work and they did a wing at a time and i did not notice the effects or suffer much noise. Perhaps i was lucky as they had got to the painting stage and the main work had been done.

If you are really not happy about now going to this hotel then i would change ring H & J and see what your options are first the upgrade might not be as much as you think. I hope all goes well.

Julie

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: krabi la playa what shall we do

There are plenty of hotel/resorts in Ao Nang, I do not know of that company but I would guess they are offereing from hotels they have deals with, Best Western Ao Nang resort just as one example is I believe cheaper than la Playa and there are plenty of other good places cheaper, why not ask them what alernatives they can offer, what the price difference is, then post here and we can give you our thoughts.

Sometimes packages can be a good deal, not always !

What they are doing is a flight to Bangkok and connection flight to Krabi, plus accommodation, if they include transfer that is no big deal as all you need is a taxi.

Tell us which hotels they are offereing and how much extra, maybe some of us can at least tell you if those places are worth the extra or whatever.

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Krabi La Playa Resort
Krabi La Playa Resort
1,135 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
england
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: krabi la playa what shall we do

They have now come back to me and said they can accommodate us at the Krabi Thai Village but as that is more expensive it will cost us another £66.per person. This is only for 5 days as we are going on to phuket after this. I wonder if Krabi Thai Village is worth another £133 added to our holiday which is costing a lot anyway.

Dont to know whether to go for this or take our chance on the renovations not being too bad. Any thoughts.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Thai Village Resort
Krabi Thai Village Resort
808 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: krabi la playa what shall we do

Hello ,

KTVR was renovated in 2007 if you do a search guests that had been since the renovations said it is a really nice hotel. You will have about a 10 minute walk down to Ao nang . You will find restaurants in the vicinity and by all accounts quite good ones. Nobody can tell you whether to go for it or stay where you are as you need to make that decision. I can understand having to pay the extra is very annoying as i had this problem myself.

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
403 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: krabi la playa what shall we do

I've booked this hotel for next month and have been advised direct from them that there is NO building work going on within the hotel. There is However, building work next door (which is nearing completion). The hotel has assured me that if will not impact on my stay.

england
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: krabi la playa what shall we do

We have today picked up the letter from travel agent sent to them from Krabia La Playa.

It states "there will be renovations during your stay to the standard rooms to the ceilings balconies

work will be carried out between 8am - 5pm " Travel agent telephoned and they said there will be some drilling and hammering but could not confirm how bad it would be so we promptly changed hotels.

Maybe you are in different rooms. We tried to change rooms away from the renovations but there was no availablity.

Mentioned in this post
Krabi La Playa Resort
Krabi La Playa Resort
1,135 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: krabi la playa what shall we do

Strange that La Playa would do renovations in November - they normally cover that in low season.

However, KTVR is an excellent resort which underwent a re-furb in 2007. I would pay the extra £66 pp just for peace of mind.

Mentioned in this post
Krabi La Playa Resort
Krabi La Playa Resort
1,135 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand