We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Sok

Minneapolis
7 posts
Save Topic
Khao Sok

Anyone have any advice for visiting Khao Sok national park? We are thinking about staying for a night or two at a jungle resort nearby, any recommendations (we are particularly debating between Our Jungle House and Art's Riverview Jugle Lodge). Any word on how long it takes/how to get there from Krabi?

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Auchterarder...
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Sok

It might not be what you're after and definitely less touristy, but we did a 2 night trip with Paddleasia last November. It takes about an hour on the boat to get to where you stay, in pretty little bamboo huts floating on the water, and is more remote than other places The trip is mainly kayaking to look at bird life, but it is not strenuous at all and mostly you are floating about watching for birds. the scenery is breath taking. We also did a couple of walks up the hills and the view from the top is so rewarding.

Groups are small - we were 7 in all, some were staying 3 nights, some more, and my regret was not staying longer.

PM me if you want to know more, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I thought it was great. When you are floating in the water and 2 huge hornbills fly overhead, it is pretty amazing.

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
403 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Sok

Arts treehouses are the best. The food is also great, infact most or the nearby accommodations come to Arts to eat. You must also stay one night on the floating raft houses on the dam. Not to be missed. I would suggest one or 2 nights at Arts and one on the rafts. for packages have a look at www.limestonelaketours.com they arre awesome.

Coffs