We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand Advice...

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
698 posts
Save Topic
Thailand Advice...

Hi all..

My partner I are heading to Thailand next April for 7 /8 nights because its such a short visit we want to be sure to get the most of it.

We are a young couple very early 20s

We are thinking 2nits Bangkok at the Pathumwan Princess hotel , 2 nights Phuket at the Centara Karon Resort & 3 / 4 nights at the Phi Phi Island Village on the Phi phi island...

Can anyone please advise us what is the best way to spend our few nights on what looks like a fabulous place.

We are not looking for a cheap get away nor a 5* + just your avarage is fine we just don’t want to miss out when we are there so any / all tips very welcome

Thanks in advance..

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
london
Level Contributor
55 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand Advice...

Hi Celine!

Well I just came back from Thailand and you will love it I am sure. Just a word of advice about your stay in Phi Phi. you may want to stay in Krabi instead? Why? Well Phi Phi is lovely but very crowdy and over priced in my opinion. If you stay in Ao Nang it is still quite lively with bars and restaurants and so on and if you go on the 13th of April you can participate in the Songkran festival (Thai New Year) when they throw bucket loads of water to everyone -very funny if you dont mind getting soaked! From there you can easily go and visit Phi Phi in Speedboat and all the Andaman Islands would advise Hong Island (Its still look like the Beach -very natural -Maya Bay in Phi Phi is SO crowded its unbelievable!)There is a huge range of hotels but you can see this on the net. Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
2. Re: Thailand Advice...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, September 26, 2009