We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing/clothing question

Weston super Mare
3 posts
Save Topic
Packing/clothing question

I am off to Krabi on Apr 8th (cant wait !!) I am considering what kind of clothes to pack. Will i just basically need swim shorts, vest tops etc or will i need some more formal wear for restaurants etc.

DO you recommend taking trainers if out and about away from the beach?

Also, is it a good idea to take the bare minimum of clothing and buy stuff out there with it being so cheap? What kind of clothing is for sale in ao nang or Krabi?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing/clothing question

Basically, just need beach/boat/swimming wear. There are very few formal restaurants - most formal people do is smart casual.... that or casual is fine for nights.

If you don't like mosquitoes, you might bring light pants and long-sleeves - but not heavy as it is warm and humid at night. Bring plenty of repellent or you'll end up being scalped ii you need to buy there.

Unless you do some forest hiking, sandals are fine.

I am unsure if you can find any good bargains on clothes in Krabi or AN.... I would bring what you need to be safe.

2. Re: Packing/clothing question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, September 23, 2009