We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety in Krabi????

london
Level Contributor
55 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Safety in Krabi????

Sorry, I may sound repetitive but I could not find any recent article about the situation in south thailand. Booked a trip for beginning of April and started to hear from family and friends that there is some trouble in the South. Conflicts on the Malaysian border, people being enrolled to fight against extremist?? As per posts I read dated June 2007 People were saying it was miles away and that there was nothing to worry about. Just wondered about people experiences who live there or who went recently???

Thanks.

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety in Krabi????

absolutely nothing to worry about - it is never even mentioned here, that's how far away the problem areas are!

Thailand
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety in Krabi????

Totally agree, security not an issue at all regarding the southern troubles.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety in Krabi????

The area that is "in conflict" is far away from Krabi. Krabi is safe - except for your wallet, which will grow lighter and lighter by the minute if you go in high season.

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
london
Level Contributor
55 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety in Krabi????

Thank you everyone! I knew I could rely on you to give me a quick and reliable answer! I cant wait to go! For now taking notes of where to go and what to do from all your forum answers!!!! Will definitely try Navrang Mahal lost farang it sounds great! Will come back with all reviews of places I stayed and restaurants I went to! Cheers.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety in Krabi????

Given your last post seign, I would like to recommend the Ban Lay restaurant in Ao Nang (if you are there). It is the 2nd restaurant in from the street - where there are a number of restaurants with sea-side balconies on the far right-hand side of the beach (facing the sea). I don't recommend the western dishes - but why eat that in Thailand! :) The Thai food is great as is the fresh grilled seafood. If you love chili, my wife says that they have the best she has tasted - otherwise, you can also get things mild if you want. Also, to boot, this place has the most reasonable restaurant prices in the Ao Nang and Railay area.

:)

Mentioned in this post
Lay Restaurant
Lay Restaurant
604 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
Krabi Town, Thailand
london
Level Contributor
55 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safety in Krabi????

thanks Banapona! Will definitely try it! We are big fans of seafood and chilies (my husband is indian...lol) !!!!

xx

7. Re: Safety in Krabi????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 20, 2009