We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabi accomadation

Ireland
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Krabi accomadation

My girlfriend and I are looking to spend 10 nights in Krabi, we were thinking about staying in Centara Grand Beach Resort (formely know as Grand central bay resort).

The reviews seem to be hit and miss and has made me a bit unsure. Have any of you stayed there and also would 10 nights be a bit much for Krabi.

We like to chill out but also like to go out a bit.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Flor

Mackay, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krabi accomadation

Hi Flor

Not sure what you are after but we stayed at West Railay beach (Railay Bay resort & spa) and it was a bit out of the way but really nice. There are loads of fun activities to do around the place & you can catch a longtail to Ao Nang if you feel like a fix of shopping or more sightseeing. There are no cars or roads around Railay which I reckon made it super relaxing and you didn't have to worry about nearly getting run over by tuk tuk's or taxi's all the time like in Phuket & Bangkok! West Railay is pretty quiet but East Railay is where all the action is if you feel like having a bit of a night out. You can just walk there - easy as!!

Hope this has helped you Flor! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Aussie Pearl

ABERDEEN
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Krabi accomadation

Hi Flor,

We stayed at the Centara Krabi Bay Resort for our Honeymoon in the 1st two weeks in August and we absolutely loved it there, very secluded and the views were out of this world. We stayed in a ocean view room woth spa bath and the it was just gorgeous - just what we wanted for our honeymoon. As he hotel is on a private bay you get there by either a speedboat which is provided by the Hotel every hour (depending on weather and tides) otherwise there is a walk way which takes around 10 minutes to get to Ao Nang - people say you shouldn't do it at night, however we did it every night rather than taking the boat it was quicker and you weren't held to what time you had to return. Just watch out for the Monkey's they like are usually around the walk way between 6.30 and 7.30 in the evening, but are harmless. Although the hotel food is not expensive compared to prices at home - you are far cheaper to eat out in Ao Nang, we were around 1000bahts for 2 evening meals whereas if we ate out in Ao nang we were around 400bahts and the local food is amazing.

Most of the nightlife is hiden behind the shop fronts and up alleys so you have to look out for them - they are all good fun - just stay away from the Buckets!! It's a drink.

3. Re: Krabi accomadation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, September 06, 2009