We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on things to do in Krabi

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on things to do in Krabi

I am booked to come to Krabi for 6 days in December. I have booked the Hong Island cruise with Andaman camp and cruises for one of the days (my husbands 40th) but I am now looking to see what else there is to do and whether we can just do our own thing to get to places.

I have done a little research and have seen these places:-

Tiger cave

Emerald pool/springs

Waterfalls?

Any comments and advice would be greatly appreciated with costs for taxis etc to get there/back.

Michelle

singapore
Level Contributor
376 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Advice on things to do in Krabi

you can also check many itineries/activities from website krabitours.com or email to ; patty@ krabitours.com. she will respond to your enquiries very soon.my family just came back from krabi on 17 July.we booked full day 5 islands tour (Hong Island)from her thru website .she charged us 700baht p.p. for adult & my 2 young kids under 4 years free inclusive of National park fee 200baht p.p. the rate we paid exactly same rate as Aonang street tour agent charge 500baht ,exclusive 200baht NP fee.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Advice on things to do in Krabi

Thanks, I will drop her a line.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Advice on things to do in Krabi

xiaoblur : I tried the email you've given Michelle but it got bounced..gees.

NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Advice on things to do in Krabi

1) thought a 5 island tour might be too hectic. I did a 1 island tour to Ko Hong only (with 2 young kids) which was OK - most tours offer 3 or 5 island tour but 3 island package did not include Ko Hong. I hired a local boater for 1 day and he brought his teenage kid along. Nice.

2) Did the Tiger Cave - the caves are actually reachable from staircase going down a valley. Going up takes about 1 hour but scenery is great - looking at faraway limestone karsts.

3) Did a elephant ride package that includes a giant catfish farm tour (they are big enough to swallow a baby !) and a freshwater swamp dip (fast flowing water, bad for kids).

4) Drop by a night market, intesting...

5) Definetely try to spend at least 1 night iin Railey - you can choose to canoe or climb a slope (book lessons from the many schools there) or lay still and watch the activities.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Advice on things to do in Krabi

Thanks this is very useful

16. Re: Advice on things to do in Krabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, September 07, 2009