We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Resort Help!!

Perth, Oz
1 post
Save Topic
Honeymoon Resort Help!!

Hi All,

I have never had this much trouble picking a resort!! We are heading to Krabi as part of our honeymoon in early Dec 07 and trying to pick a resort. We are looking for a nice resort (approx 5500bht per night) and like to be within walking distance to the bars/restaurants/nightlife. I liked the idea of the pool access rooms and pool bar of La Playa but was a little frightened off from the reviews (and hard beds!) and distance to the nightlife. Central Krabi sounds quite beautiful although not sure how easily accessible this place is. Also contemplating Thai Village and Pakasai If anyone has any ideas/advice for us, would be muchly appreciated. Another idea is to pick 2 resorts - one in Ao Nang and one a bit further out thats probably a bit more luxurious. I'm sure we cant really go wrong - it is beautiful Thailand after all - just want to make this a really special honeymoon.

Thanks so much in advance

Bridget

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Krabi La Playa Resort
Krabi La Playa Resort
1,098 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Krabi Thai Village Resort
Krabi Thai Village Resort
796 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Pakasai Resort
Pakasai Resort
1,123 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Resort Help!!

Hi Bridget,

We loved Central Krabi Bay and I thought it would be ideal as a Honeymoon spot. They have a speedboat that ran every couple of hours or alternatively you could walk over the bridge into Ao-nang, turn right about 5-10 minutes walk and you will hit the start of the bars, shops, restaurants. We enjoyed the speedboat ride every evening.

You do feel quite secluded but the setting is beautiful. If you can stretch your budget I would highly recommend staying in a Jacuzzi Spa room.

There are photos posted on my profile.

Sarah

xx

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
2. Re: Honeymoon Resort Help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 03, 2009