We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ao Nang activities

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nesodden...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ao Nang activities

Just booked for 9 nights in Ao Nang in december. Looking so much forward to it! Sure there will be plenty to do for families like us with teenage children. But just one question from the young ones in the family who love to play ball games: Are there volleyball nets on the beach in Ao Nang?

Not that this is very important. They just like to know...

Australia
Level Contributor
432 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ao Nang activities

Sorry, I didn't notice any volley ball nets on the beach in Ao Nang. The place where you're staying may have pool activities though like volleyball or water polo.

You will have a brilliant time in Krabi!

Nicky

arctica
Level Contributor
929 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ao Nang activities

Sorry, I don`t think so. At least I have never seen a net there.

Ao Nang beach is pretty narrow during high tide, and often packed with tourists at daytime during high and peak season. Considering other people I don`t think it`s possible to play ball games there.

Kids are playing with frisbee and balls out in the sea.

australia
Level Contributor
287 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ao Nang activities

Kids playing frisbee etc . From video footage I have seen on the net it appears that the water is quite shallow for some distance out to sea.We will be taking a football ( Aussie rules) to kick around as it will be low season (July) and there shouldnt be too many on the beach.

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ao Nang activities

we did used to have a net on the beach a few years back, and i'm sure it re-appeared last high season.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ao Nang activities

The Krabi Resort at Ao Nang has a tennis court. CJ

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,779 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ao Nang activities

Hi

Have your young ones try rock Climbing at Railay.

or try and get into a game with the locals they play a game like volleyball but they use their feet and it is a small wicker type ball

they kick over the net.

there is plenty to keep you all busy and having fun.

7. Re: Ao Nang activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, September 02, 2009