We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: Krabi or Phuket

Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Re: Krabi or Phuket

Can anybody tell me how far Krabi is from Patong by boat? I'm wondering whether to stay in Patong and do day trips to other islands or stay in Krabi. I'd like to relax but I don't want to be too isolated either so having the option of both would be good.

Chester
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Re: Krabi or Phuket

Patong is on the wrong side of Phuket to get a boat direct. I hired a car and drove to Krabi and then wnt up into the rain forest. Krabi is very quite compared to Patong, but I loved it. suggest staying a couple of days at least even if getting their by boat. We stayed at the Somkiet Buri Resort which was fantastic. Very cheap and close to the town. No alcohol in the restaurant , so bring your own and much cheaper.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re: Krabi or Phuket

Hi Trish,

I would try and do both. If you stay in Ao-nang it's still got some great restaurants, bars and shopping but nowhere near as built up as Patong but great for relaxing a little - the pace is much slower!

I would organise a cab if possible, very easy, around 2500 baht each way.

Sarah

x

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Re: Krabi or Phuket

Hi I did both krabi is beautifull we stayed at Railay which was wonderfull. You can get ataxi for 2500baht . I am so pleased that i did both as krabi and phuket are so different. The islands around krabi and also phi phi i would not have missed for anything. In phuket we stayed in kata which was an easy taxi ride of 300 baht into patong. There is a company that does do a speed boat trip to krabi from phuket it is by tour east but it might depend on the time of year as rough seas not much fun.

4. Re: Re: Krabi or Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, September 02, 2009