We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Central Krabi Bay Resort

Sydney
1 post
Save Topic
Transport to Central Krabi Bay Resort

hi everyone,

I'm planning to go to Central Krabi Bay Resort in November '07 though amm concerned about transfers from Phuket airport. My flight lands at 8pm and I understand it's a good 4 hr drive to Krabi. Will I have issues getting to CKBR the same night my flight lands? Should I stay somewhere over night?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Central Krabi Bay Resort

Hi Dave,

You will still be able to check into the office in Ao-Nang at that time and they will still be able to take you by boat to the resort (obviously confirm this with the hotel). However, nothing will be open at the resort at that time, so probably won't be able to get a drink or meal.

It might be better to book one night in Phuket, get a meal, a drink and an early night and then get a taxi the next morning.

You will probably won't reach your bed at the CKBR until around 1.30-2.00am

Sarah

x

Singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to Central Krabi Bay Resort

Hi

I'm too going to CKBR May15, can i know how much is one way taxi transfer from the krabi airport to the hotel? Reading from the hotel website.. there 2 places Ao Nang or Nopparatthara Pier that i can take the boat transfer to hotel? Or i jus need to tell the cab driver to send me CKBR boat transfer point?

Thanks!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to Central Krabi Bay Resort

Hi,

You would need to tell the taxi driver to take you to the CKBR check in office in Ao-Nang We had pre-arranged transfers with our agent but understand that you should expect to pay around 400 baht. I would get the address of the check in office from the hotel so that you can tell your driver.

Sarah

Singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to Central Krabi Bay Resort

Thanks Sarah,

Noted!!

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport to Central Krabi Bay Resort

the reception area is located in soi 13 and the taxi cost is 600 baht

Singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport to Central Krabi Bay Resort

Thanks Farang,

Hope the cab driver will know the check in office of CKBR when i show him the hotel name.

Cheers!!

Asia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport to Central Krabi Bay Resort

Hi Sarah

is it 600 baht per vehicle or 600 baht per pax? what is the most economical way to transfer 10 pax from krabi airport to CKBR reception? How much does it cost approximately to get a van to fetch these 10 pax each way? any reliable local agency to recommend?

BTW, can we just hail a taxi to bring us there? How much would it cost?

Many Thanks

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport to Central Krabi Bay Resort

Hi,

Replied to your pm

Sarah